Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 07:17 PM   #1

2004 Porsche Bosxter S 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition

2004 Porsche Boxster S Special (Limited Edition 1161 of 1953)
GT Silver Metalic w/Cocoa (dark brown) Top and Interior
One-owner
24,900 miles
$26,500
Available: Hilton Head Island, South Carolina
eBay Listing...

History:
-24,900 miles
-One owner (non-smoker)
-Dealer Maintained (Porsche of Hilton Head, Hardeeville, SC)
-Garaged
-Original manuals
-All keys
-VIN: WP0CB29834U661421
-This was our Father’s Boxster. He was a WWII Navy veteran, sports car lover for over 55 years, founding President of the Ferrari Club of America, BMW and PCA member until his recent passing.
-Here is the link to the Porsche announcement” “Porsche® has announced the creation of an exclusive 2004 Boxster S model designed to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the legendary Porsche 550 Spyder.”
-Recent photos

Options:
-3.2 liter flat 6 cylinder engine, 264 HP, 229 Ft-Lbs of Torque
-6-Speed Manual Transmission
-Boxster S Anniversary Edition
-Cruise Control
-Bose High End Sound Package
-Remote CD Changer (6 Disc)
-Extended Warranty available

Warranty:
-AS IS
-Last dealer service was at 22, 985 miles

Condition:
-Excellent: (Link to pictures here)
-Payment Methods: Cash, certified check or PayPal All funds must be in US dollars only. It is your responsibility to have full payment and/or approved financing in place before making your offer. Delivery will not take place until funds have successfully transferred to our satisfaction.

Deposit: The successful offer must pay a non-refundable deposit of $500.00 within 2 business days of the acceptance of your offer to secure the vehicle.

Payment of Balance Due: The remaining balance is due within 7 days (one week) of the close of the auction. All financial transactions must be completed before delivery of the vehicle.

Delivery: Delivery of vehicle is the responsibility of the buyer and must be completed within 7 days of sale completion unless prior arrangements have been made before end of auction. Out of state buyers may fly into the Hilton Head Island Airport (HHH) or Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport (SAV) and pick up the vehicle in Hilton Head Island, SC.

Additional Fees and Taxes: Buyer is responsible for all state, county, city taxes and fees, as well as title/registration fees in the state that the vehicle will be registered.

Warranty: This Boxster has been meticulously maintained. There is nothing that we are aware that is either inoperable, broken, or in need of repair. This Boxster is being sold "AS IS" without any expressed or written warranty or guarantee. Known blemishes: front bumper: standard road "dings" (see photos #16, 56 & 57); small dent in front of RT rear tail light (photos 18 & 52); driver seat back wear (photo 27). If you have any questions about this Boxster, -31O-245-4559-phone and email: peddlerdlx(at)gmail.com

Placing an offer constitutes agreement with these terms and conditions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-Boxster-Anniversary-Edition-commemorates-the-550-Spyder-2004-Porsche-Boxster-S-Special-/201135493350?forcerrptr=true&hash=item2ed49c10e6&item=201135493350&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Last edited by jhlundin; 07-28-2014 at 07:27 AM. Reason: ...price reduction to $26,500 and now on eBay....
jhlundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 08:10 PM   #2

Hmmm... no repies. Are there issues or questions?

I'm just trying to find a good home for Dad's prized possession... Talk to me, John
Old 07-02-2014, 05:14 AM   #3

IMO its a fine automobile!

Sorry for the passing of your father, he certainly left a formidable legacy.

However, it's hard to justify that cost when you can get some newer model boxsters with more power\features\reliability for about the same price...
dbansal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:18 AM   #4

My condolences as well on your father's passing.
I'd have to say you have a pricing issue as well. Last year, another forum member posted a 2003S, well optioned, with 22k miles. IIRC, he had it priced around $22k and was receiving offers around $20k. I believe he ended up keeping his car.

Not implying your 2004SE should be priced identically but I think it would attract more interest in the $20-23k range.

Best of luck with your sale.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:38 AM   #5

nice car with low miles . tough to sell a 986 for over 20k these days . that car is worth 22 to 23k in my area . still a tough sell because of so many newer cars in that price range.
jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:28 PM   #6

Sorry about your father, I know how that feels.

The car is beautiful, and likely worth that price to the right person.
When I was looking, I would have tried to get you to take 23K for it

It is likely going to appreciate, both because of its stance as the "best of breed" for 986's, because of its rarity as a special edition, and because it is original and low miles. But until it does, it faces some stiff competition in that price range as an everyday sports car. And a lot of the enthusiasts lurking on this forum have the good sense not to muck up such a prime example, but since we love to muck up / mod our cars, it is not a great option for us. Furthermore, as a daily driver, which is what many of these cars become on the second/third hand market, the special edition interior parts, roof, and certain other parts are hard to obtain second hand if replacement should be necessary, thus increasing the cost of ownership. But these parts are part of the intrinsic allure of what you have, and as I said, to the right person, it is probably already worth it. You may just have to be patient finding that person. GLWS. If I were still looking...
BrokenLinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:27 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhlundin View Post
Hmmm... no repies. Are there issues or questions?

I'm just trying to find a good home for Dad's prized possession... Talk to me, John
It's $5K too high.

Nice car, though.
OKCShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 03:54 PM   #8

A bump for your dad. RIP.

Beautiful car. Many nice extras on the 986 Anniv. Price it right, and stack 'em tight, and it WILL sell. Good luck.

I sold my 2006 987S last September, with +50,000 miles, highly optioned ($68 new) for $30.
Flavor 987S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:11 PM   #9

Garage
I agree with some of the other points made here, a perfect car and very well worth asking, but it will be hard getting that. I also feel the same about not wanting to put too much of an imprint into that car, maybe donate to the Porsche museum? Best of luck with the sell and my condolences for your loss.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #10

Impecable car. Lucky

I'd put up a nicely formatted ad on ebay . com

Lots of collectors/serious buyers roaming the auto section on ebay. Just make sure you make the below picture nice and clear and that car will go in no time - at the asking price I'm sure.

this:
Old 07-09-2014, 07:53 AM   #11

Garage
This is a great auction or ebay car, that is the best way to get what it's worth out of it.
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 04:18 AM   #12

...thanks for your suggestions... more to follow.

Very helpful comments/suggestions... Thanks!
Old 07-21-2014, 04:02 AM   #13

...Price reduction...

We are reducing the asking price to $26,500... Let's talk!

If you have any questions, -31O-245-4559-phone and email: peddlerdlx(at)gmail.com
Old 07-22-2014, 04:22 PM   #14

Sorry to hear about your dad. I had a local lexus dealer offer this exact car with 28,000 miles. He was asking $29,000. I followed the car for 2 months until he lowered the price to $23,000. I was going down to offer him $22,000 over the upcoming weekend. When I got there on Saturday it was sold. I then saw it the following weekend at cars and coffee and was shocked that a fellow porsche club member had bought it. He said he got it for $19,000. Dealer wanted it gone. I know this guy very well and I believe him. I was sick about it for weeks. I love the looks of this box. I have to agree with the rest. Keep the price high and wait or you will have to come down to move it. GLWS.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:54 AM   #15
SD1

I am actively looking for such a car, but the price is well above what I would consider paying. As others have mentioned, you can buy a 987, maybe even an S for that price. There is a 550S locally with more miles but only $17K, it is a tip though. Looks great and good luck with it.
SD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:08 PM   #16

...We have posted it on eBay...

Greetings Boxster lovers, We have posted this beauty on eBay to see who is willing to step up and actually make a bid... I have sold two cars on eBay in the past (a Boxster and a Lexus... and got the 'Buy-it-now' price for both) but neither had the collection quality/value that this Anniversary Edition has. I kinda thought that the real Porsche "collectors" would be here on the 986Forum... and not eBay.

Happy bidding... J

Porsche Boxster Anniversary Edition Commemorates The 550 Spyder | eBay
Old 07-31-2014, 01:17 PM   #17

...coming to the end of the eBay auction soon...

We are coming to the end of the eBay auction... (here is the link)Porsche Boxster Anniversary Edition Commemorates The 550 Spyder | eBay... the highest bid is $21,000, and one bidder's bid is greater than that number!

I appreciate all the feedback from everybody on 986Forum. It is wonderful to have so many lovers of this incredible marque... J

Old 08-02-2014, 06:44 AM   #18

21k was not a bad price for that car. 22k would be the best case in my opinion . proof that any 986 is a tough sell over 20k .
jacabean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 05:17 PM   #19

I think the seller got a great price for his 986. I'm surprised it sold for so much given you can get a 996.2 for that much and a low mile 996.1 for that price. It is the best 986 though and looks like a great car.
Old 08-04-2014, 06:51 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckrikos View Post
I think the seller got a great price for his 986. I'm surprised it sold for so much given you can get a 996.2 for that much and a low mile 996.1 for that price. It is the best 986 though and looks like a great car.
Actually, it didn't sell. The $21K offer didn't meet the reserve. They had a "buy it now" of $26.5K

Even though this is the only 986 that could even remotely be considered a "collector car", it doesn't carry the interest of people as a mid-$20sK car. It's a nice car, but not perfect.

I think $21k is as high as they are going to see.