Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxsters and Cayman Cars for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2011, 05:48 AM   #1

FS: 2003 Boxster, Red - 65,000 miles

2003 Porsche Boxster Guards red with tan interior. 65,xxx miles. Five speed manual transmission, automatic climate control, power door locks and windows. Garage kept, of course. Very smooth and well balanced, this car is a pleasure to drive.

The 60,000 mile service was completed shortly after the 60k mark. The alternator, clutch, flywheel, and struts each have less than 6k miles on them. Receipts are available. Two years ago a dynamometer showed 212HP at the wheels. New tires (80-90% tread). Alignment completed last March.The air conditioning seems capable of inducing frost bite.

The known niggles: Only one key, and the remote buttons do not work. There is minor paint chipping on the front facia on the side (driver's) and grill (passenger's) that should be visible in the photos. The remote for aiming the passenger side rear view mirror does not work. A secondary rocker switch was installed on the center console to so the signal that the parking brake is set would reach the top motor. The parking brake light illuminates properly on the dash, but for some reason roof safety switch wouldn't believe the brake was set without the switch. The driver's vanity mirror is missing the flap that closes over the mirror.

I love the car, but I am ready to move on. Clear Alabama title in hand. I would consider partial trades for a medium sized road-going motorbike (non- HD, and in good repair, of course). Let's start talking at $17,042. More than 100 photos are available:

http://tinyurl.com/3ohdb7z

Attached Images

Old 09-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #2

If you decide to do an even up swap for a bike let me know. I have a late model Honda Goldwing with every option. Values are the same.
brihvac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 01:37 AM   #3

I am in the market for an '03 or '04,,,

Nice car, excellent set of pics at the link...

What kind of radio is that in there, and who did the install?

How many owners?

Could not see where the additional rocker switch was installed, and I still don't understand what (or how) that rocker switch actually does in terms of affecting the top operation...IF you could explain who devised it and what was wired, that would be helpful...

Regards, Maurice.

schoir is offline   Reply With Quote