Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster Racing Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #21

Hey wait!! I cant have two Boxster's named "FrankenBoxster" LOL

Grant sold his car to a Dr. in Austin Texas and the *other* FrankenBoxster (SCCA BSP CaymanS powered Boxster/986) sold to a guy in Washington.

B

Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:31 PM   #22

Garage
Haha to answer a few questions i do plan on running mostly at RSCC events, and a few Enduros in Medford, OR. (SSCC). We also have a local hillclimb that i will be attending.

On another note, I'll probably grab A6's then and run 245's all the way around :P And get that sexy GT3 sway bar i've had my eye on lol
Mrmaddbrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #23

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmaddbrad View Post
Haha to answer a few questions i do plan on running mostly at RSCC events, and a few Enduros in Medford, OR. (SSCC). We also have a local hillclimb that i will be attending.

On another note, I'll probably grab A6's then and run 245's all the way around :P And get that sexy GT3 sway bar i've had my eye on lol
Did you ever buy a porsche? The only car you had ever posted about here was a BMW.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:22 AM   #24

Are the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup or Toyo R888 not used in the US?

I was running the R888's but will now switch to the Pilot Sport Cup for the 2012 season.
Kroggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #25
Track rat

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroggers View Post
Are the Michelin Pilot Sport Cup or Toyo R888 not used in the US?

I was running the R888's but will now switch to the Pilot Sport Cup for the 2012 season.
888s are around but were unobtanium last year due to the tsunami in Japan. They are decent tires in the dry and good in the rain. MPSC are not very popular in Socal. They are similar in grip to NT01s, last 1/2 as long, and cost twice as much. NT01 offers a lot more bang for the buck.

Last edited by Topless; 03-06-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Topless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #26
Certified Boxster Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless View Post
888s are around but were unobtanium last year due to the tsunami in Japan. They are decent tires in the dry and good in the rain. MPSC are not very popular in Socal. They are similar in grip to NT01s, last 1/2 as long, and cost twice as much. NT01 offers a lot more bang for the buck.
Agree. But if you're looking for a deal on tires check with the guys who ran Boxster Spec last year on R888's. The spec series moved to RE-1's this year and there are a lot of new or almost new R888's sitting in garages that can't be used. I picked up a set of R888's this way for much less than a set of NT-01's.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #27

Quote:
888s are around but were unobtanium last year due to the tsunami in Japan
Not true Just more BS being fed to you.

One person couldn't get tires from their typical supplier, so they switched to Hoosiers!!

The entire rest of the country managed to buy 888's no problem... hmm.. maybe there wasn't a problem Maybe the problem was SoCal? You know, the largest distribution of tires.. lol

The RA1's appear to be faster than the 888's. I really like the NT01's. Topless has them nailed down. I call him "King" of tire management.

B

Brad Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote