Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2007, 08:41 AM   #21

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Motorist
I hate having passengers in my car. I think the solution is to remove the passenger seat and air bags and just tell people that your car is a 1 seater

I had my seat removed to clean under it and my parents came outside and said "wow that's great don't put the seat back in, its a perfect doggie transporter".

-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)
TriGem2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 08:52 AM   #22

The feet on the dashboard thing always annoys me. What happens if you hit something?
Still, that is something you can deal with.

Someone who would bother to complain about being given a free ride in a Porsche is clearly someone you will be hearing A LOT more complaining from about everything else later. Ditch her. Life is way too short to be with a disagreeable woman. A good woman will respect your passion for cars and driving even if it not her thing. It took me many years to find the right girl, but as soon as I did, I married her.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 09:02 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kill
The feet on the dashboard thing always annoys me. What happens if you hit something?

Someone who would bother to complain about being given a free ride in a Porsche is clearly someone you will be hearing A LOT more complaining from about everything else later. Ditch her. Life is way too short to be with a disagreeable woman. A good woman will respect your passion for cars and driving even if it not her thing. It took me many years to find the right girl, but as soon as I did, I married her.

I agree. The last 2 girls I was with thought my obsession of cars was stupid.

I don't need to find a girl who likes cars, but at least one who will listen to me babble about them.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:35 AM   #24

I'm married to a woman who has no respect for cars, and yes she does drive the Boxster sometimes. I usually just pray it comes home in one piece and she isn't talking on the cell phone and drinking a 40 ounce coke while driving.

Anyhow, an example of her lack of respect / knowledge. When I came home a couple of months ago I noticed she changed out the light bulbs in our garage. Since the Boxster is 'hibernating' in the third stall I was curious as to how she changed the bulb. Her response "I just stood on the hood of the car"

05 Touareg V8
Black
drburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:17 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Kill

Hi,

Totally agree. Mrs. MNBoxster was not at all into cars when we got together 10 yrs. ago. Still, she respected my passion so much, that on my 1st birthday we spent together, she bought me a BoomBox and a Lawnchair! Why you're thinking? Because she could then come out to the garage, play some music and read a book while I was wrenching under the cars - just so we could spend time together.

Over the years, she has given me several Gift Certificates to such things as Bondurant's Driving School, The Indy Experience (the drive experience, not the ride-a-long), Jim Russell Racing School, Skip Baber Racing School, and numerous others, a Craftsman Pro Tool Cabinet, Air Compressor, last year she gave me a 3-spoke sport steering wheel for the Boxster.

Slowly, but surely, over time, she became a Car Chick, even did her 1st Auto-X last yr. in the 240Z and loved it!

So, if the Girl you wanna say Forever to isn't perfect (to you) in every way, keep looking. Don't settle for anything less. It may take some time, but stick with it. The rewards are indescribable...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 02-22-2007 at 12:26 PM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2007, 10:29 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by drburton
I'm married to a woman who has no respect for cars, and yes she does drive the Boxster sometimes. I usually just pray it comes home in one piece and she isn't talking on the cell phone and drinking a 40 ounce coke while driving.

Anyhow, an example of her lack of respect / knowledge. When I came home a couple of months ago I noticed she changed out the light bulbs in our garage. Since the Boxster is 'hibernating' in the third stall I was curious as to how she changed the bulb. Her response "I just stood on the hood of the car"

Pardon the language but WHAT THE F#$@? I would be insanely furious if someone did that.

You must have a lot of patience.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:59 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

Totally agree. Mrs. MNBoxster was not at all into cars when we got together 10 yrs. ago. Still, she respected my passion so much, that on my 1st birthday we spent together, sho bought me a BoomBox and a Lawnchair! Why you're thinking? Because she could then come out to the garage, play some music and read a book while I was wrenching under the cars - just so we could spend time together.

That is great stuff Jim!

Old 02-22-2007, 11:11 AM   #28

My wife of 31 years still doesn't get my passion for my old Boxster. I as well have the lawn chair in the garage and a boombox!. She loves to ride in the car, especially in the mountains during Spring and Summer. She does Not like to drive it! The perfect car!! Nuff said!
Old 02-22-2007, 12:28 PM   #29

Quote:
...You must have a lot of patience...
Hi,

Well... he is a Doctor afterall - lol...

MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:10 AM   #30

Quote:

sounds like grounds for divorce or better yet, a justifyable homicide
mtch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 07:35 AM   #31

Quote:
Pardon the language but WHAT THE F#$@? I would be insanely furious if someone did that.

You must have a lot of patience.
Is she blonde? lol
Peter Serbanica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 08:08 AM   #32

The first time i cleaned my car i found a THONG/G-STRING under the passenger seat so now I'm thinking was that a result of feet on the dash.
So guys don't get carried away with this dilemma cause u never know.
I always let my Beautiful wife put her cute little smelly feet on the dash and i haven't gotten the headache crap in a long time
2014 Mercedes Benz 350 ML
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray manual
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 11:34 AM   #33

Quote:

:
Sounds like my wife, she called me the day she picked up her MBZ in '04 complaining that she needed to take it back and get it fixed, she had set her coffee cup on the seat and it spilled so she wanted them to clean it up under warranty as it was their fault that her cup wouldnt fit in the cupholder.

But then again, she has never asked me how much I spent on any car and doesnt bother me about what upgrades I buy so it works for me.
thomschoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 12:33 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomschoon

But then again, she has never asked me how much I spent on any car and doesnt bother me about what upgrades I buy so it works for me.
Yeah, that is an important balance to maintain

Old 02-25-2007, 01:27 PM   #35

My boyfriend and I have the same policy: don't ask, don't tell. But it helps that we're both huge car people... he built a 911 from almost the ground up about a year ago, sold that, and now has a 350z that he twin turbo'd and a '89 BMW e30 that he restored to mint condition.

And for the record: not all blondes are that dumb, thank you very much.
Autocrosses: 22
Track Days: 1
http://www.crife.net
986 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 09:09 AM   #36

Send a message via AIM to 7th gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

Totally agree. Mrs. MNBoxster was not at all into cars when we got together 10 yrs. ago. Still, she respected my passion so much, that on my 1st birthday we spent together, she bought me a BoomBox and a Lawnchair! Why you're thinking? Because she could then come out to the garage, play some music and read a book while I was wrenching under the cars - just so we could spend time together.

Over the years, she has given me several Gift Certificates to such things as Bondurant's Driving School, The Indy Experience (the drive experience, not the ride-a-long), Jim Russell Racing School, Skip Baber Racing School, and numerous others, a Craftsman Pro Tool Cabinet, Air Compressor, last year she gave me a 3-spoke sport steering wheel for the Boxster.

Slowly, but surely, over time, she became a Car Chick, even did her 1st Auto-X last yr. in the 240Z and loved it!

So, if the Girl you wanna say Forever to isn't perfect (to you) in every way, keep looking. Don't settle for anything less. It may take some time, but stick with it. The rewards are indescribable...

you dog! she is a keeper!

pca member
7th gear is offline   Reply With Quote