Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2011, 07:15 PM   #181

anyone know of a good indy in the Olympia/Lacey, Wa area?

fivepointnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:24 PM   #182

anyone know any workshop around la verne ,pomona southern cali
phuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:21 PM   #183

Taylor Chapman - Great - Northern VA!

Taylor Chapman moved his business from Springfield VA to out near Dulles but I am such a fan I followed him out there from my home near Fredericksburg VA. I had been over in Iraq for the last 7 months so the Boxster had not been driven much more than a weekly trip by my wife to the grocery... I wanted to address the 'roaring" noise in the back that was bad wheel bearings and also wanted to get the original water pump replaced as it had some coolant leaking around it during the annual maintenance last year.

Taylor and his team gave me back a new Boxster with new wheel bearings, a new water pump, oil change, and a few other mx goodies. The car runs silent and I can hear the exhaust now! ;-) I believe in this man's work and his new shop is much better than the work area he had in Springfield. If you are looking for an independent mechanic who delivers a great product, he is well versed in Boxsters and does GREAT work. Here is his website:

Home

Just a satisfied customer,

Bob

2001 Boxster S (red)
Motobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #184
Goth Popper

Looking for non-dealership Porsche technician.
Thanks!
Old 03-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #185

Just got a low milage (9800 miles) 2001 Boxster S (speed yellow / 6 speed transmission...like new!). Any recommendations for mechanics in the Hartford, CT area?

thanks!!
Ellisonx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:21 AM   #186
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Ellisonx, check out Musante Motorsports in South Windsor. All they do is Porsche, and they're a certified facility to perform the IMS retrofit/replacement if you so desire.

www.musantemotorsports.com

1997 Arctic Silver Boxster, 5-spd
IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top

Last edited by Overdrive; 03-27-2012 at 05:24 AM.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #187

Just dropped my Boxster off with Chris at Musante Motorsports yesterday for the IMS upgrade. If you're anywhere in CT or western/central MA this is the shop to go to. I know my car is in good hands. Chris gave me a tour last month- it's worth a call or email if you're searching for a trusted shop. I'll post an update when I get the car back. I can't wait!

Www.musantemotorsports.com
18" GT3 Design Wheels
LNE IMS
Chris B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:13 AM   #188
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
Nice to see other satisfied customers from Musante, Chris B. I got my IMS retrofit done there last summer, too. Excellent shop and owner...and making that last turn around the building to the front of the shop is always a beautiful sight.

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Old 04-02-2012, 11:27 AM   #189
Tampa Ted

Think I messed up...

I recently bought my first Boxster... 2002 S with 80k miles and Beeeeautiful... Guess what?... the rear wheel bearings went.

[after stumbling upon this forum] I understand that's common so I was cool with the situation.

I thought about tackling the job but a friend said he has a "great mechanic" who works on porsche, vw, etc...

I'll spare you the many details but the remaining issues are...

1. ABS light... He suggests I bring it to Porsche to reset it ???

2. After sending me home the first time with an "eyeballed" alignment... (I almost rolled the freakin thing over when I got to 60 mph.)

I finally got the car back... seems ok but I notice the steering wheel is turned about 5 degrees to the left when going straight...

I know I should go back and politely ask him WTF? but I'm done with this dude as I don't believe his word anymore...

My question is... what do you guys think about my off-line steering wheel (of course it's driving me nuts) and can I drive it like that for a while or should I get it fixed asap? ($$$)

Thanks.
tedfrangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #190
Opposed to Subie Burble

Garage
I'd suggest that you make a separate thread for your question about the issue you have as this thread is related to mechanic/shop locating, but to give a short answer: you can live with it if you can live with it. It would annoy the hell out of me but it's not the end of the world as long as the car actually does go straight with the wheel in that position. If you're having to hold the wheel there, that's different, though, and you'll need to bring it to a place that's got competent people to do your alignment and ensure that the steering wheel is straight ahead when the wheels are.

IMSR + RMS
Robbins glass window top
Old 04-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #191

Euro Autowerks!

For the Michiganders
js/sj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #192

Any good places to take my Boxster S in East Contra Costa County in Northern California?
Autotuningstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:54 AM   #193

Toronto

Henry Costa at Refined Motorsports, 218 Evans Ave., Etobicoke (416) 248-0777; http:/www.torontoporsche.com/ Henry was factory trained in Stuttgart, was the former shop foreman for Downtown Porsche and was featured in the August, 2010 Porsche Excellence article 'The Cashmere Cliff'. I had him do the PPI on my 2000 Boxster and he was thorough, helpful and happy to have me in the shop to show me what was up. He found a small oil leak which the vendor repaired prior to delivery and he was prepared, at no cost and with no waiting, to put the car back up on the hoist to inspect the repair.

Brad
southernstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #194

Matrix Integrated for all of you Pacific Northwest owners. Portland Or. Very professional with a long background of Porsche experience.
bartocollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:00 PM   #195
2003 Boxster S

Garage
Sportscar Clinic in Roanoke, VA - reasonable (truly), conscientious, and thorough. I only wish they were closer to where I live in WV (but they are still the closest). Great, great folks.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #196

Any recs for mechanics in the east bay San Francisco area by Walnut Creek?
mcomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #197
Current Cars

any recommendations for the pottstown, pa area ? 19464 zip code Looking to do a 60,000 check up on mine
Neekk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:46 AM   #198

Series 9 in Deland, FL...Joe just replaced an axle seal, axle boots and plugs for me.

Old Hippie Young Heart
2000 S/3.2 Liter/Tiptronic/Boxster S Sport Package/Cruise Control/Slate Grey Metallic
Red Special Leather Interior/Red Floor Mats/Red Hand Painted Instrument Dials/Roll Bar/Windstop
Small Carbon Package/Leather Wrap Carbon Wheel/Center Console Exterior Color/Alum Carbon Shift Knob
AM/FM Radio w/CD Player & Changer/Digital Sound Package/18" Turbo Wheels/Wheel Caps w/Colored Crest
jcb986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:38 PM   #199

Garage
For anyone in Southwest Florida, I can't say enough about Rennhaus in Sarasota. It's a family owned and operated business. Way cheaper than the dealership, and much better service. But still a large operation; they have 5 car lifts. I've been taking my 2000 Boxster S there for the last year. They will do as much or as little as you want them to. They only service Porsche, BMW, and Mercedes. RENN HAUS - Tuning for Mercedes Benz | Porsche | BMW | Mini
florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #200
Vista glass

Garage
Redbone (407-299-0619) in Orlando just installed a clutch that I needed, An LNE IMSB as insurance, brakework because I might need to stop, and replaced the clockspring in the steering column. In other words they were all over the car. Everything was well done at a reasonable price. I would recomend them to anyone.

Vista glass is offline   Reply With Quote