Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2007, 05:40 PM   #1

Alpine Stereo Instal

I'm not too stereo literate, but tomorrow I'm getting an Alpine installed. It will allow for ipod play, plugin and everything else. The guy has only installed a few Porsches over the years but he has a reputation of honesty in this area. He's done a lot of research for this install on my behalf and wants to do it right. After the install the unit will be able to read my ipod directly from the stereo, will have a charger to keep it charged in the event I keep the ipod in the car. (not my intentions but hey, you never know.)

Is there anything I should advise him on in the install? Is there anything I should caution him about, e.g. electronics, MAf and the like? He seemed to be worried about my Porsche radio code in case he cant install it in a few hours, so I"ll have something to play in the event he's missing parts and needs to delay the install. I don't care about that since I rarely use the Porsche in this weather, so I could careless about listening to a radio in the immediate future.

ANy thoughts or cautions?

Last edited by jeffsquire; 01-24-2007 at 05:43 PM.
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:55 PM   #2
boggtown

I did a write up about it I think. Your gonna have to tape over the ground lead to the holding tray, so it doesnt beap when you lock it.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:46 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
I did a write up about it I think. Your gonna have to tape over the ground lead to the holding tray, so it doesnt beap when you lock it.

I just checked your Renntech profile. I didnt see it. Did you post it there or on this forum?
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 05:50 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Travis
RandallNeighbour had a thread about installing an aftermarket radio with some good information.

http://www.986forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3026&highlight=radio+ground

Travis is offline   Reply With Quote