Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #1

TechArt & Gemballa are non-responsive

What the hell. why wont either of these companies respond to any of my inquiries. I tell them I wanna order some stuff and they wont even respond. What a bunch of douche bags think just cause theyre some big time company they dont need my buisness or something??

Has anyone ever gotten a reply from either of these jackasses?? Im really getting pissed off I just want to buy things from them and they wont even respond like what the hell is there problem????

Last edited by Brucelee; 01-18-2007 at 05:53 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #2

If you've indicated you live in the Philippines, this may be the issue. They probably get a lot of inquiries from overseas and once the potential buyer hears the cost of insured, trackable shipping on heavy car parts, they back out.

If I were you, I would call them on the phone and this will tell them you are a serious buyer.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:10 PM   #3

your in philippines? I didnt know that there's a Porsche in Philippines, let alone a Boxster

If you are in Philippines...Kamusta ba pare
Old 01-17-2007, 08:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
If you've indicated you live in the Philippines, this may be the issue. They probably get a lot of inquiries from overseas and once the potential buyer hears the cost of insured, trackable shipping on heavy car parts, they back out.

If I were you, I would call them on the phone and this will tell them you are a serious buyer.

Naw I aint in the Philippines... yet. Im in Canada right now. I guess I will have to call them. But still, what a buncha XXXXXX. I hate companies like this. Why give customers email address if you aint going to respond to the emails??

Theyve got a XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.I think. Its always the big companies that are like that. Im sure they get alot of inquiries but that gives them no right to pre-judge people.

Last edited by Brucelee; 01-18-2007 at 05:49 AM.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:27 PM   #5

I think you've pegged them wrong... neither company is big. They're small shops that specialize in Porsche racing and high-end race mods. Who knows? They might all be out at a race track somewhere testing or racing and aren't answering anyone's emails right now.
Old 01-17-2007, 08:30 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
try sending them a letter, may be that would work?
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
Old 01-17-2007, 08:56 PM   #7

dude, you are really impatient right now...I'm guessing that there's money in your pocket that's burning hole...hehehehehe! j/k jeffsquire where are you?
take a deep breath, relax and say the Porsche Prayer with us....now everyone, let's hold hands and bow our head along with our brother Pharoah Sphinx...

THE PORSCHE PRAYER (OLD TESTAMENT).

Lord, Let the check engine light be a surge from the nearby lighting strike, and not my mass air flow sensor.
But if the lightning strikes, Let the lightning strike me and not my Porsche, but if it does strike my Porsche, then please, Lord, strike my balding Bridgestone Pole Positions, which are all long overdue. . . .
Let the lightning strike not one, but all four tires. And let my insurance cover that Act of God, your lightning strike on my tires, and replaceth them with Pirellis.

Further Lord, Let my Porsche, my vehicle which You bequeathed me, protect me from those who wish harm upon me. . .

Let My first gear move quickly into second like Jehu on his Chariot, and pealeth out, and smoketh great plumes of heavenly dust to shieldeth my Porsche from the carjacker who pointeth his six-shooter at me. But if that Fiend do shooteth me, may his bullet strike my aged, rattling Windstop, to be replaced with a sturdier model from my local Stealership.

Lord, thank you for my new chromed-out Delouzebo headers and exhaust, and make them create such a great heavenly roar that it shattereth the subwoofers of the Monte Carlo playing Fiftycent cruising abreast me.

Let my Litronic high beams blind mine enemies --including my obnoxious neighbors whose 8 foot wooden fence egresses 4 inches over my lakefront property boundary line, and smite them dead. . . .However, Lord, if I ever find myself in Florida, then protect my Porsche from those sinners and thieves who wish to relieve me of my Litronic headlights.

However, Lord, if that thief attempts to steal those Litronics, then smite him dead with lightning, or a frayed positive lead wire from my battery.
But if he survives Lord, please prevent him from suing me for negligence because I own a Porsche and not a Ford. Let someone in my stead be sued, Lord, like the wire, battery, or Litronic manufacturers, and even Porsche AG, but by all means, keep me out of that Class Action.
And If my lawyer succeedeth not in removing me from said class action and my cross-claim fails in a motion for summary judgment, then Lord, let the jury come back with a No-Cause of action, and may the Judge award me attorneys fees for my distress. And striketh dead that Shyster lawyer for bringing me to this despair.

Finally, Lord I am thy servant, and through the ages you've bestowed upon your servants the sword and shield of thy wrath. . . . Lord, please emblazen my shield with the Porsche, Stuttgart/Zuffenhausen logo in gold and mahogony leaf overlay.

These things I ask you Lord, for you are great, my Porsche is Great, and I cannot yet afford a new Ferrari.

Amen.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:28 PM   #8

No way im not impatient man.

Ive been emailing them for the past 3 weeks and they still wont reply to any of them its really really REALLY annoying.

Yes I have money burning a hole in my pocket I want to spend spend spend and they wont let me, how annoying is that, since when does a company not want to take somones money!?

Im really not impressed with their customer service. They seem like theyd leave me dry if a problem occured with one of their products
Old 01-17-2007, 09:34 PM   #9

deng..3 weeks ...I think I'll start looking around if they have an authorized dealer....
Old 01-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh Sphinx
No way im not impatient man.

Ive been emailing them for the past 3 weeks and they still wont reply to any of them its really really REALLY annoying.

Yes I have money burning a hole in my pocket I want to spend spend spend and they wont let me, how annoying is that, since when does a company not want to take somones money!?

Im really not impressed with their customer service. They seem like theyd leave me dry if a problem occured with one of their products

3 weeks really is ridiculous - no matter what size company.

In my experience - many companies have e-mails received and handled by an "entry-level" employee, who has yet to learn/practice the skills or work ethic that would satisfy you the consumer. I wouldn't waste any more of your time - call them.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #11

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
dude just call them
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
Old 01-17-2007, 10:54 PM   #12

Ahmen on that lords prayer...

2000 non-S Guards RED
Mostly stock-so far...
rear speakers
3 spoke
K+N
Red bumperettes
Speedster humps
Planning:
some stinkin' cup holders
Old 01-18-2007, 12:02 AM   #13

Email is easy to get ignored. One delete button and that's it!

Like others said, calling them is your best bet.

These companies probably only entertain huge order such as bulk ordering, so unless you are going to order 100 items at once, it might be best to contact their distribution channel (affiliate shops etc). Or maybe give sponsors here a call. Just my $.02
Old 01-18-2007, 05:47 AM   #14

Quote:
What the hell. why wont either of these companies respond to any of my inquiries. I tell them I wanna order some stuff and they wont even respond. What a bunch of douche bags think just cause theyre some big time company they dont need my buisness or something??

Has anyone ever gotten a reply from either of these jackasses?? Im really getting pissed off I just want to buy things from them and they wont even respond like what the hell is there problem????
Tone down your language please.

Old 01-18-2007, 05:50 AM   #15

look bolott, (my philipino friend use to call me that)
if they are dragging their feet this long just to take your money, imagine what the experience of actually getting your items is going to be like.
I ordered side skirts from a very small shop and it took them nearly two months to get me my product. It was an ebay auction so I assumed it was ready to ship, nope. I am patient too and in the end it turned out well but if this guy wasn't the only guy offering this style of skirting I would have gone somewhere else with my cash.
I suggest you do the same. Here in NYC/NJ where customer service has to be fast fast fast in most places I have a couple of rules:
1. If the counter clerk of shop, eatery, store etc. doesn't acknowledge me standing in front of him within 2 minutes...I go somewhere else.
2. If I'm going to one of a million eateries in NYC for lunch and the line is what looks to be more than 4 minutes, I go somewhere else.

TIME IS MONEY. If the merchant can't give you the time, don't give him the money.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Old 01-18-2007, 06:14 AM   #16
fab

If this was me I would take my business else where.
painted bumperettes
autoband paint protection
wheel caps & colored crests
door sills
Valentine One
Old 01-18-2007, 07:09 AM   #17

Hi,

These are both very longstanding and well-respected businesses. I'm not saying that they cannot fail sometimes, but I wonder if your expectations aren't perhaps too high. I doubt that your location or ethnicity have anything to do with it. No company can afford to exclude any potential cutomers, and in fact, each of these companies is based overseas. They do have North American distributors or subsidiaries which are:
  • Claus Ettensberger Corporation
    16200 South Figaroa Street
    Gardena, CA 90248
    www.cecwheels.com
    exclusive importer of TECHART for North America

Gemballa North America
    28346 Rey de Copas
    Malibu, CA 90265
    gemballa@msn.com

Good Luck! Hope this helps...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
Old 01-18-2007, 07:20 AM   #18

It's certainly unfortunate that they haven't responded to your emails. But after the second non-response you really should have called. I understand the frustration that not all businesses are as web/email savvy as we would like. But that's the unfortunate truth. The reality is that you're always going to get better service if you actually make a simple phone call. Problem solved...

'06 Cayenne Turbo S, Beige Metallic/Tan

Ex - '99 Arctic Silver, Red Interior, Silver Top
Old 01-18-2007, 02:26 PM   #19

Oh id love to take my buisness elsewhere but unfortunately only these companies have the exact products im searching for and I cant picture buying any other products than the exact products I want.

I guess I will have to give them a call. But why even bother using email addresses if theyre not even going to respond to the emails they get, its nonsense.

Apologies for the language too, although I dont really consider that very bad language I couldve said alot nastier things
Old 01-18-2007, 03:41 PM   #20

Quote:
Oh id love to take my buisness elsewhere but unfortunately only these companies have the exact products im searching for and I cant picture buying any other products than the exact products I want.

I guess I will have to give them a call. But why even bother using email addresses if theyre not even going to respond to the emails they get, its nonsense.

Apologies for the language too, although I dont really consider that very bad language I couldve said alot nastier things
Pare, cool ka lang!

Closed Thread