Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2006, 10:13 PM   #1

Were you Naughty or Nice??

Hi,

OK, Xmas has passed and I've yet to see a thread about what people received as gifts for the Holidays, so I might as well start one.

I suppose I must have made the Nice List because Mrs. MNBoxster gave me a portable hand-held Steam Cleaner (excellent for cleaning the engines and underside of my cars), something I've wanted (a friend has one and it's really useful), but never bought, for several years - http://www10.shopping.com/xPO-Scunci-Steamer .

She also gave me a Plane Ticket, accomodations at the Ross Bridge Golf Resort and Spa, and a Gift Certificate for the Porsche Driving Experience (the Masters 2-day Course) at Barber Motorsports Park in Augusta, GA.

I'd like to attend the June course, but a couple race events I usually participate in may prevent that. Alternately, I'll probably go in Sept. or Oct. depending upon the schedule for the President's Cup in Montreal (which my wife is running) and which I will also attend, after which Mrs. MNBoxster and I will have a 2nd Honeymoon (my Xmas gift to her) at the 4-Seasons in Montreal...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99

Last edited by MNBoxster; 12-31-2006 at 12:16 AM.
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:16 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
my christmass is on the 7th so ill hav to wait till then

and a fact for you guys, in serbia santa comes on new years and theres a tree with decorations on new years instead of christmass if anyone was wondering.

you shoulda seen how confused i was when i came to this country (around christmass time and not knowing any english)
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 10:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djomlas
my christmass is on the 7th so ill hav to wait till then

and a fact for you guys, in serbia santa comes on new years and theres a tree with decorations on new years instead of christmass if anyone was wondering.

you shoulda seen how confused i was when i came to this country (around christmass time and not knowing any english)
Hi,

I used to work with a Serbian guy in Chicago named Norm Kuka. Norm and his wife (Rada) also owned the Yugo Inn restaurant (maybe you know it?). Norm used to boast that since he was Eastern Orthodox, and not on the Julian Calendar, his Xmas was 11 days later and he could take advantage of all the after-Xmas sales to do his Xmas shopping, getting much more value for his money...

Last edited by MNBoxster; 12-30-2006 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:40 PM   #4

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
that is very true about the after Xmass sales.

and i remember you telling me that story about how he bought a Yugo and mirror fell out.. great serbian engineering man
i was telling my dad about that, and he told me when he bought his they only gave him 3 lugs per wheel, when he drove out to gas station he saw that he only had 3 per wheel and went back, they acucused him of trying to rip them off, lol. so what do they do?...go to a next one in line and take lugs off of that one
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 12:07 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

A very good Christmas indeed.
jeffsquire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 02:00 AM   #6

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
I think I was on the nice list ,I got more then what I asked for. I asked my mom & step-dad for a Citizen Eco-Drive and my dad for a torque wrench,they went overboard! My dad bought me some Craftsman's tools(torque wrench included) and a portable LED light for when I work under the car. Now my mom got the exact watch I wanted,Citizen Eco-Drive and why oh why did she do this,I feel sooo guilty for accepting it a Movado watch!
Old 12-31-2006, 05:48 AM   #7

H&R Sport Springs --
Son and I put them in and got it aligned by indi shop - Don Jackson
1.25" lower, more camber =great cornering!!

It's track time in Arizona

Happy New Year everyone!

Ed

Pic before lowering
but w/big KUMHO V710's (early present)
Sboxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:07 AM   #8

Wifey got me 2 pairs of slacks pants, 1 pair of jeans, 2 long sleeve polos and 1 short sleeves polo shirt from Macy's and GAP ( I guess a hint to start wearing casual clothes..hehehehe) and my daughter and my son gave me sweatshirts and polo shirts/ t-shirts from Zumies and Tilly's (my kind of store )

An early gift from wifey is a complete set of deamberfiied lights (front, back and side)

Wifey got = pair of Jeans from AE, sweatshirts from Pac Sun and a full body massage from me.
Daughter got = Snowboard package, pair of jeans from AE and the most important "her very own garage opener" from Sears
Oldest son got = Sweatshirt from SkateAmerica, 2 pairs of jeans and 2 short sleeve polo and 2 t-shirts from Zumies and Nike dunk shoes from Shoe Palace
Youngest son = 10 t-shirts, 2 polo shirt and 2 pair of jeans from Tillys, 2 games for gamecube and Heely's shoes.

*nope, didn't get the Omega watch. I told her not till after I remodel the bathroom and kitchen and painted the garage
unklekraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 07:10 AM   #9

I went to my parent's house for Christmas, and was sitting there mentioning how I could use a larger tool box, because I have more tools than my itty bitty box can hold... and they're all over my garage! Dad gets up and pulls out a nice big toolbox from behind the tree! It's a plastic jobbie, nothing elaborate. Will work well since I live in an apartment and have a garage. I wouldn't have room for (or enough tools to fill) one of those nice rolling ones. The box I got also has two detachable 'tackle boxes' on the top. Should work well for all the little bits and peices I pull off of Stinky (my 1969 911 Targa that I'm slowly restoring).

They also got me a 2007 Porsche calendar, and a few tools, including some ball head hex keys in metric.

Not a bad Christmas. Even better because I just got my Boxster on Friday!
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 08:42 AM   #10
bmussatti

Quote:
Hi,

OK, Xmas has passed and I've yet to see a thread about what people received as gifts for the Holidays, so I might as well start one.

I suppose I must have made the Nice List because Mrs. MNBoxster gave me a portable hand-held Steam Cleaner (excellent for cleaning the engines and underside of my cars), something I've wanted (a friend has one and it's really useful), but never bought, for several years - http://www10.shopping.com/xPO-Scunci-Steamer .

She also gave me a Plane Ticket, accomodations at the Ross Bridge Golf Resort and Spa, and a Gift Certificate for the Porsche Driving Experience (the Masters 2-day Course) at Barber Motorsports Park in Augusta, GA.

I'd like to attend the June course, but a couple race events I usually participate in may prevent that. Alternately, I'll probably go in Sept. or Oct. depending upon the schedule for the President's Cup in Montreal (which my wife is running) and which I will also attend, after which Mrs. MNBoxster and I will have a 2nd Honeymoon (my Xmas gift to her) at the 4-Seasons in Montreal...

Happy New Year, Jim!

FYI- those steamers are great for cleaning jewelery.
Old 12-31-2006, 10:18 AM   #11

Got one of those Griot's random orbital buffers. Unfortunately it will be three months before I get to use it.
I'm thinking about getting my wife a new snowblower for her birthday in Jan.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:04 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzi
Got one of those Griot's random orbital buffers. Unfortunately it will be three months before I get to use it...
Hi,

Wow, that's a great gift! I've heard nothing but good things about this ROB, be sure to report back with your impressions...

Old 12-31-2006, 03:06 PM   #13

Got sideskirts, humps, and a genuine black porsche cap that had to go back for an exchange immediately because the "porsche" bit on the bill wasn't on center. I hate that.

I bought myself some very nice presents as well. I finally found a retired, limited edition MontBlanc rollerball classique pen I have been searching for that took two years to find. It's got an 18 carat yellow gold over sterling silver barrel with a cap of solid malachite. I am a total MontBlanc addict if you can't tell by now.

Wife got a new Coach purse. I gave my dad his own web site and blog software pre-installed, and told every one of his friends about it beforehand and many left comments so when he opened his laptop, he saw the web site and read all the comments. That's gonna be hard to top next year.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 04:16 PM   #14

Not the most expensive gifts, but...

Among other things, my wife gave me an 8 piece S&K 3/8 extension set. I love nice tools!

Oh, and a carton of those Biscoff cookies... the dark brown ones they give you on Delta flights. Sweeet!!!
JackG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 09:46 AM   #15

Quote:
Hi,

Wow, that's a great gift! I've heard nothing but good things about this ROB, be sure to report back with your impressions...

My initial reaction is that it seems a little clumsy to handle, as the position for the right hand seems to be around the body of the buffer, near the on/off switch. This is the thickest part of the buffer, which seems to be too thick for a comfortable grip. Maybe I'm holding it the wrong way, and I should put my right hand on the U-shaped handle??? Both of my hands are pretty much the same size, so I doubt that it matters.
Anyway, we'll see. It's a nice piece, and you get an extra set of motor brushes with it, to boot.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 06:24 PM   #16

Had a great Christmas this year

My wife got me a Porsche Laguna Varsity Jacket and my stepfather got me a Garmin StreetPilot i5 portable GPS unit.

Happy New Year, everyone !

Nick

1999 986 ( Black )
1998 MB C280 ( Black )
1999 BMW K1200RS ( Yellow )
2005 Audi A4 ( Red )
NickCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #17

I guess I was nice...Uncle Sam let me spend my first Christmas home in 3 years. Time spent with my family and wife was great...and so was the new IPOD since my last one was stolen in San Salvador.
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:14 PM   #18

I was good, really I was. Wife noticed, too!
Turbo Long-Sleeved T-Shirt
Turbo T-shirt
Laguna Varsity Jacket

The good news is it all fits!

Peter Schwarzenbauer

My car @ Car Domain

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nstalled01.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nstalled02.jpg
Arctic Silver '05 Silver Boxster
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:43 PM   #19

From the "Nice dept"

I guess I was nice. Consider this my n00b hello to the world. My wife got me a 2002 986 S, triple black with 30K miles. Also a 60GB PS3 with Tiger Woods, Madden, and Need For Speed Carbon, and a Traxxas Revo 3.3. I'll have pics of the car up soon.

Wife got her wedding stone reset in a mounting that she had fancied, and a Starbucks gift certificate.

Look forward to talking lots more with you guys!

JPOG
jpog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 11:09 PM   #20

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpog
I guess I was nice. Consider this my n00b hello to the world. My wife got me a 2002 986 S, triple black with 30K miles. Also a 60GB PS3 with Tiger Woods, Madden, and Need For Speed Carbon, and a Traxxas Revo 3.3. I'll have pics of the car up soon.

Wife got her wedding stone reset in a mounting that she had fancied, and a Starbucks gift certificate.

Look forward to talking lots more with you guys!

JPOG
Revo 3.3 is Amazing I have TWO. One is stock and the other is all decked out with upgarded Engine and drivetrain.

-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3