Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2006, 01:27 AM   #1

best interior cleaning method IMO

ok so I like the new car matte look, not the shiney greasy armorall look. i make sure i wash my hands after eating greasy food so i dont grease up my interior, and i politely ask others to do the same. So when it came to clean my car i invested in several cleaning supplies and all greasy. i tested it on a small spot ofcoarse. i recently used lexol and it sucks. so heres what i have discovered is the BEST!

GOO GONE, and water, and polishing cloth.

YES goo gone de greases the interior giving it the matte look. try it on your hand break, steering wheel and airbag, and u can see how it brings out your stiching and gives it a new car look.

appy goo gone, gently rub and then rub with water a little and polish with non coarse cloth. the water makes sure there is no white residue.

try it.... the only side affect is that the goo gone has a citrus smell but it goes away in a few minutes.

Gemballa front bumper/Aerokit I Sideskirts/H&R suspension/997 short shift/Schnell front&rear strut brace/Aluminum pedals and floor board//Traffic pro/Console Delete//LED exterior lighting//Exclusive Options Full Leather/19inch Ruf Wheels/European rear bumper with 550 mesh/Zientec spoiler/IPD Plenum//Cold Air Intake/Hardtop/Speedster Humps
Stunin_Stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:51 PM   #2

Did you take pictures?
wanna986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 08:58 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
woulndt constant use of googone eventually harm the interior? i mean it doesnt have any UV protection, wouldnt the sun bake the hell out of it?
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 05:29 PM   #4

A household cleaning tip....Woolite. Mix it at 5 parts water to 1 part Woolite(3:1 for heavy dirt). Brush with a soft leather brush and wipe dry.

I have used this detailng numerous leather interiors with great results.
SC986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 02:58 PM   #5
Porsche "Purist"

Garage
From John Paterek the world's foremost authority on cleaning Porsches:

John Paterek

Owned and repaired Porsches since 1974. Porsche: It's not driving, it's therapy.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote