Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2006, 11:44 PM   #21

My point is that if you read the reactions to this post against the "justified stealing post" buy ohioboxster. The replys completly contradict eachother.

Old 12-27-2006, 12:27 AM   #22

Send a message via AIM to djomlas
in my books i dont think i stole. they evaluated how much it is to fix my car and gave me the money, it was up to me to fix it within that amount.
i never asked to get hit and waste time chasing a drunk 50 yr old while my GF was screaming and crying since her brother passed away from a drunk driver accident. that guy was at fault and had to pay, one way or another, well in this case his insurance paid, thats what you get for driving drunk, he was lucky that he didnt kill both of us.
we were stopped at a light, street where speed limit is 30 mph, light just turned green and i let go of the brake and this maniac flew into me going 50mph, I barely missed a pole, and then had to chase him to get his licence plate number, he is lucky that i didnt pursue this more, so i think i can say that i can fix my car any way i want to ( thank god i was in a volvo, thats what i tell myself every day, to him it was probably like hitting a tank ).

i didnt feel a need to explain myself in such detail in first post, but there it is, you tell me if i was wrong 01slowbox , and how would you react in that case
exhaust cutouts::EVOcoldair intake::OEM smoked tails & sidemarkers::

colormatched bumperettes::Top Speed Pro-1 exhaust::
my cardomain/pictures page
djomlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 05:19 AM   #23

Smile

I think we can slow and tone down this post now.

Thanks

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 04:25 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ_Boxster
How many times does it take an IDIOT to backup into your car till they realize it?
In my case it was only 1 time.

About 2 feet until the truck backing up in front of me realized it.

Got air horns now....
Tool Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:59 PM   #25

ouch. that picture makes baby jesus cry

Old 12-27-2006, 08:16 PM   #26

I did not cry. I just wished the truck in front of me would stop backing up once my windshield broke.

2 days later I drove the boxster-wreck to a Saturday tech session at my local dealer. Was not able to open the front trunk.

Right in the dealer's parking lot steps away from the tech session, I got baby jesus aka local Boxster owner Larry to jump up and down on the hood while I pulled up on the release lever.

Larry was the lightest person at the tech session. He sort of looks like a cross. Got the trunk opened.

That was almost 3 years ago.

I was entitled to X to repair the car. Some of that money went back to me because I did not have the body shop replace the amber headlights, because I wanted clear or lits instead.

Borrowed Henry's old ambers for a few months (he had put in lits). Months later I found 996 clears on ebay for about 1/3rd what I was paid to replace the ambers.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:27 PM   #27

These pictures are making me feel a bit nauseous
Old 12-27-2006, 08:32 PM   #28

what exactly needed to be replaced?

Old 12-27-2006, 08:51 PM   #29

You folks are squeamish. It is just metal and plastic. Like any other car. I had it back in 1 week.

Trunk lid, bumper cover, windshield, and the bent metal where the latch is were replaced.

This is what it looked like before I "borrowed" it for the weekend. I had the shop put the front lid on because it was going to rain that weekend.

Then I drove it home. Installed air horns. Drove it back to the shop on Monday and they put the new bumper cover on. At the shop I put in the borrowed headlights and then drove home for good.

Somehow my insurance company found out I took the car home before the repairs were finished. I basically told the adjuster it was none of their business. Plus, I took it home to put in air horns.