Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2024, 05:43 AM   #1

SAI delete ROW vacuum diagram 986 2003'

hi, I am doing a SAI delete on my 2003' 986 2.7 5sp. My question is. When I place the block off plate where the change over valve used to be, where do I mount the vacuum reservoir? Is the vacuum reservoir present in ROW cars? Does anyone have a ROW vacuum diagram for my car? thanks in advance,

NORCALAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 07:58 AM   #2

I made a bracket to mount the vacuum reservoir on the block off plate. In terms of the vacuum lines, I just referred to the image that has been posted here, and then just removed the SAI bits. I don't have a picture for that as I'm in the middle of a 996 intake plenum conversion. Refer to the images in this post, and instead of a 3 way at I to G, just go straight from I to F

Here is the bracket I made. I used material I had on hand, otherwise I would have done it a bit differently:

redpepperracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 12:10 PM   #3

that slotted screw hole on the mount you made was a nice touch. i was hoping there was some kind of ROW oem mount for the reservoir. i will have to fabricate something similar to serve the purpose. thanks for replying.
Old 05-09-2024, 11:16 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORCALAL View Post
that slotted screw hole on the mount you made was a nice touch. i was hoping there was some kind of ROW oem mount for the reservoir. i will have to fabricate something similar to serve the purpose. thanks for replying.
You give me far too much credit. I had to slot it because my first attempt was too high, but I can see that if I need to remove it I can just loosen the screw and lift it out, so, yeah, I totally did that on purpose!
Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM   #5

I found the ROW vacuum reservoir mount for 986 cars with SAI delete.

Rose Passion price list $15.03
Reference :P57611 Series selected :Boxster / 986 Model selected :2001 - Boxster 2.7 Section
Old Yesterday, 06:58 AM   #6

Hello,..Red pepper, On what type of engine R U doing the conversion on ? I have a 02' 2.7 that I have been considering that same conversion ? Thank's Frank
flmont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:26 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORCALAL View Post
I found the ROW vacuum reservoir mount for 986 cars with SAI delete.

Rose Passion price list $15.03
Reference :P57611 Series selected :Boxster / 986 Model selected :2001 - Boxster 2.7 Section
I never even thought to look, seems I was on the right track as it looks pretty much the same as mine, only mine was free.

@flmont I am doing it on a MY00 2.7 so should be the same or similar.