Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2006, 09:30 PM   #41

I guess that it isn't much of a surprise to me that Porsche is somehow connected to the King of oppression. My car oppresses the road every day!

-C5150

Old 12-07-2006, 09:39 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by C5150
I guess that it isn't much of a surprise to me that Porsche is somehow connected to the King of oppression. My car oppresses the road every day!

-C5150
Old 12-08-2006, 01:30 AM   #43
cartagena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
The total number of people in the Armed Forces is 1,421,950. How long do you think they can hold out against 328,500,000 determined citizens in opposition? They would be outnumbered 328:1.
The 328:1 does not even have to fight the armed forces. Just go on a strike, do not work, do not provide the military with the food it needs, the electricity, the oil, the transportation network, etc. If the people unite in any country they can take out any military in a few days. The problem is the people have to all agree in the change and be organised. When Fidel did his switch from "I want democracy" to "Oh, did I mention we are all commies now" the people should have attacked him on the spot and hanged him from the nearest lamp pole. If there was military protecting Fidel then the people should have burned down every government building in Havana. The Cubans love to say (incorrectly) how there are no guns but they forget that gasoline and dynamite can do wonders in a revolution. But what did the people of Havana do when Fidel announced that there was no more constitution and everyone now worked for the Soviets? Nothing. They all looked at each other and said "ok Fidel, you are the boss!" Others just got on an airplane and went to Miami. Probably deep down they all wanted to live in the USA anyway so they used Fidel to justify leaving Cuba. There are over a million exiles now in the US and yet they have never formed a militia to liberate their country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
But, this theory, and any real revolution, starts with a citizenry united and steadfast in their opposition, and who are willing to die as individuals to insure the revolution succeeds...
Yes, and the "willing to die" part is not found in the Cuban vocabulary. If I was born in a communist society with no hope, no future and entirely enslaved to one man, I think death would be an improvement. I would also hate my parents for bringing me into such as world where they were too thoughtless to think of my future. If Americans thought like Cubans you would all have a Queen right now.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:54 AM   #44

Talking

Yes, and the "willing to die" part is not found in the Cuban vocabulary. If I was born in a communist society with no hope, no future and entirely enslaved to one man, I think death would be an improvement. I would also hate my parents for bringing me into such as world where they were too thoughtless to think of my future. If Americans thought like Cubans you would all have a Queen right now.[/QUOTE]

In my life I never witness personal attacks like the ones emanating from your posts. Your writing indicates a misguided attitudes against Cuban exiles following the line of our beloved Fidel. Your parents were obvious Fidel sympathizers maybe from the 1948 Bogotazo. I can't expect much from someone who says one thing and then changes it later ie I spent years to "I spent a winter". You are just a tourist going to Cuba and enjoying the climate, water maybe women who knows?Essentially this is a Porsche post my comments initially were aimed as to how individuals are broken to work for totalitarian governments. The question that begs an answer is what did a Cuban exile do to you or is it Fidel that taught you well to hate Cuban exiles. The venom you preach is dotted with envy and ignorance. Why else would someone buy a Porsche automatic?
Old 12-08-2006, 06:56 AM   #45

Smile

OK guys, this post is going straight to the dogs.

Closed Thread