Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2006, 10:11 PM   #1

Hit concrete chunk, big dent

I was driving in Philly rush hour on I-95 when the car in front of me was able to pull up a big chunk of concrete from the road which I of course hit square on. It left a dent in the front pan the size of a small soccer ball, scrapped down the undercarriage and smacked into the engine, which now makes a funny noise and sounds like it has a vacuum leak. I took it right home and parked it as I was on my way to the airport and will be in Germany the next couple of weeks. It was not leaking anything but the pan and front edge of the motor look really bad, I was in a hurry so I didnt have time to jack it up and take a better look, maybe next weekend. I know it is hard to diagnosis without pictures but I am new to the Boxster world and am wondering what I could be in for and would like to be prepared for when the battle begins with Allstate.

Thanks

Thom

thomschoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 03:46 AM   #2

Thom, very sorry to hear.

This is getting ridiculous. What's up with all these crashed/damaged Boxsters this week? I better go check mine this weekend. It's stored for the winter but one never knows how widespread or sinister this Boxster curse really is.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:01 AM   #3

That stinks! 95 North from Wilmington to PHL scares me everytime I do it. I was driving my truck there back in May when a work truck in front of me hit a bump of uneven pavement and a unsecured crobar came flying off of it. I couldn't avoid getting it right in the hood. Now when I take the boxster up there, I'm paranoid from the crappiness of the road in that section.

Doing the factory tour when you're in Germany? I'm going to be in Stuttgart on it next friday. Should be fun.

Current Condition:
2002 Basalt Black Metallic Boxster

Prior Symptoms:
1984 Guards Red 944
fishage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 07:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishage
Doing the factory tour when you're in Germany? I'm going to be in Stuttgart on it next friday. Should be fun.

I spend a week each month about 30km from Stuttgart and have done an unofficial factory tour. The museum is great as you get to actually look all around the cars, also go to the MBZ Museum as it is also good. Lastly enjoy the roads, the ones around Stuttgart are very busy during rush hour but getting down the A5 & A8 from Frankfurt can be a blast.

Enjoy the trip
Thom

thomschoon is offline   Reply With Quote