Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2023, 12:46 PM   #1

Air bag light on after moving passenger seat.

Hi everyone, I'm new to Porsche ownership. I have a 2002 986 Base Manual. I've only owned the car about a year and absolutely love it (my first one, I'm 73). I changed the water pump and belt recently. I slid the passenger seat forward to gain access. I did not remove it. Fired right up problem fixed, but upon re connection of battery the air bag light is on. I have a Porsche specific code reader by Icarsoft. It wouldn't reset the air bag light. Took it to a dealer, they couldn't reset it, they tried 2 or 3 different processes or machines to attempt reset. The fact that the dealer couldn't reset it leads me to believe there is something physically wrong still. I don't know if the air bag will still work with light on, but I want it to work. I thought maybe there was a connector that came undone under the seat. I now have the seat out, and there is one lose connector not attached to anything but taped so tightly to others, it won't reach any other connectors. My car does not have heated seats. The loose connector has 2 wires going to it, brown and brown/orange. There is an empty socket on plastic housing mounted to seat, but I'm not sure that's where it goes. I'm afraid that's for the addition of heated seats. I just don't want to pull a rookie mistake. Can anyone help me please, either how to turn off the light, or find out if something is unplugged by moving the seat forward. I wouldn't think so, but.... Thanks, Jerry

Jerry238 is offline   Reply With Quote