Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2006, 12:31 PM   #1
blkboxster

rear Diffusers

do thses look good on? are these a good price? and lastly how do you install?
thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-Boxster-PAINTED-rear-bumper-Diffusers-Difusers_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33638QQihZ002Q QitemZ120057190833

Old 11-27-2006, 12:44 PM   #2
KronixSpeed

hey get on ebay and some guy is selling them not painted for 120.00. well thats the last bid. i bought them from this same company that you are inquirying about. they did a really good paint job, they looked amazing on the car.

so easy to install. jack the car up and they go right into factory holes already in the bumper, just screw it in. you do have to drill 2 holes. i just got a screw and screwed it in and screwed it out, and i had a hole. you have to drill the holes on both sides of the exhaust, so one for the right side and one for the left side.

really expensive though, i paid the same amount. i just sold mine to boggtown, because i bought a rear skirt for the back, and had to take off the diffusers. i sold them for $100, took a huge loss....sucked.

i did get a lot of compliments on them!
Old 11-27-2006, 02:42 PM   #3
boggtown

Ya, thanks again, I got them today. Started to sand them down too. How do I put them on, I see 2 "studs" and a hole, do I need to get a screw and 2 nuts, no pun intended.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:37 PM   #4
bmussatti

I wish my car had rear diffusers. They look great!
Old 11-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggtown
Ya, thanks again, I got them today. Started to sand them down too. How do I put them on, I see 2 "studs" and a hole, do I need to get a screw and 2 nuts, no pun intended.

Just my advice if u don't know already, don't sand past the primer or even better all u need to remove is the clear coat and repaint.
The new paint will stick much better(400 grit sandpaper).
Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:42 PM   #6

HAHA..you said nuts.

Quote:
RC-12 Guardrail
RC-7 Crazy Hawk

"If the wings are traveling faster than
the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter--
and therefore, unsafe" --Unknown
Rail26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 06:52 PM   #7
boggtown

ya, im only gonna get past the clear, but after I spray it what should I sand it to before I put clear on? 800? then do the clear with 1000, 2000?
Old 11-27-2006, 07:16 PM   #8

Quote:
ya, im only gonna get past the clear, but after I spray it what should I sand it to before I put clear on? 800? then do the clear with 1000, 2000?

Okay, 2-3 thin coats of paint wait 10 minutes between coats, then water sand with 800grit. and apply 2-3 thin coats of clear. Let dry for approx. 1 hour and water sand with 1000 grit. Then buff to an amazing shine with GLAZING COMPOUND and wax.

This is the procedure i used to paint my hood and trunk release and they are beautiful. Patience rules.

Franco is offline   Reply With Quote