Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2006, 10:12 PM   #1

European Delivery?

Has anyone done this for your new Porsche? I've always wanted to do this and will have the chance next spring. I looked into and it's a $3500 option (for Canada). Personally, I think it's kinda steep for a free welcoming dinner and entrance to the Porsche Museum. But then again you do get to test drive Porsche's on the Weissach track, but is it really worth it?

So post up those of you who have gone and give your opinions/review.

victoreric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 03:49 AM   #2
bmussatti

"But then again you do get to test drive Porsche's on the Weissach track, but is it really worth it?"

Are you sure about this part??

http://www.porsche.com/usa/accessoriesandservices/eventsandracing-europeandelivery/

Last edited by bmussatti; 10-28-2006 at 04:56 AM.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:16 AM   #3

Thumbs down I think not

Don't plan on banzai autobahn runs either, remember it's on break in. I recall 4200 RPM max. for first 2k mi.
Of course with an S that's about 105 mph in 6th.
I looked in to Euro delivery as well. With some other German cars you get a decent discount, Porsche charges for the "privelge" of going to Stutgart to pick up a car that was built in Finland.
Thanks but no thanks!
Rick Lindquist
ricklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:45 PM   #4

I wouldn't do it. It costs too much and you can't push it above 4200 rpms so what's the point? BMW has the best EU delivery deal by far where they give a decent % (or $) DISCOUNT if you pick it up in Munich, they let you drive it for 30 days and then you just hand it to them in one of the many drop-off points in Europe to be shipped to the States.

Z.
Old 10-28-2006, 04:32 PM   #5

I've thought a lot about this. Considering the additional costs involved and the inability to drive one's own Porsche hard and fast for the first 2k, it's a bad deal.

Taking a Trefffin driving vacation and reserving a 07S or Cayenne S or even a Turbo is more feisable and will be loads more fun:

http://www.fastlanetravel.com

Now if I was buying a BMW or Mercedes brand new, it would be a different deal altogether!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:34 PM   #6

Yeah I thought it was a bad deal also & that's probably why no one has done it.

Hmm Treffin eh? I'll definitely look into that
victoreric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 06:07 PM   #7

My wife and I picked up our S first week of May this year. The Porsche people were great, factory was amazing, seeing the engines assembled on the factory floor was fantastic. For two weeks we drove through southern Germany crossed the Swiss alps twice, and toured north Italy. I reached speeds just under 195 km/hr in sixth and was still under the breakin revs. This was the best vacation I ever had. If you have the money do it you won't regret it. I will never forget the drive through the black forest. It's about handlng not speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by victoreric
Yeah I thought it was a bad deal also & that's probably why no one has done it.

Hmm Treffin eh? I'll definitely look into that

airboxster is offline   Reply With Quote