Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2006, 08:11 AM   #21

:chicken: I chickened out, my fellow Boxster owners. :chicken:

I called Automotion and bought a set of H&R Trak+ Hubcentric 7mm spacers and 10-52mm lugs, and they'll be here tomorrow.

I cannot fathom getting into my boxster for a 4 hour trip on Friday afternoon and discovering I have a tire/rim rub issues along the way, nor can I fathom driving the trip with my old wheels!

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 03:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour
:chicken: I chickened out, my fellow Boxster owners. :chicken:

I called Automotion and bought a set of H&R Trak+ Hubcentric 7mm spacers and 10-52mm lugs, and they'll be here tomorrow.

I cannot fathom getting into my boxster for a 4 hour trip on Friday afternoon and discovering I have a tire/rim rub issues along the way, nor can I fathom driving the trip with my old wheels!
randall - this will take you to a 40mm offset. i don't think this is enough; you'll rub your fenders.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 06:20 AM   #23

Insite, don't tell me that! Do you think I'll now have problems on the outside vs the inside? Arrrgh!

Well, they come in tonight and I'll put them on, drive around and see what happens and report back.

If I rub the fenders, I'll put them on the front wheels so as not to completely waste the $150 I just spent.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:03 AM   #24
KronixSpeed

Randall, don't worry about a thing. The 7mm spacers will give you the comfort that you are looking for. I went through this ordeal also, and it really scared me also. All you need to do is clear that strut by a cardboard thickness. The 7mm spacer will give you that security. My front i can just slide a piece of cardboard through and thats all you need to clear.

Have a fun trip on the new rims.

The rims already stick out, you will not notice the 7mm spacer at all.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:30 AM   #25

I ran home at lunch and installed the spacers. Kronix, I can actually tell they're on there as the tire and wheel now fill out the wheel well nicely!

I have no more clearance issues in the back, and it appears that I will not have any rubbing on the outside fenders either... but I haven't gone through massive potholes and tried that out yet... I'll let you all know if I do discover any fender rubbing.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:37 PM   #26

glad it seems to be working out. when are you gonna post some pics? we've got to see these bad boys.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote