986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   New ride? (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/7703-new-ride.html)

hdpt73 10-11-2006 05:25 PM

you must be pulling our legs if you are debating between a targa and a boxster, the targa is in a whole other level, the beautiful lines of a 911 and a big sunroof. you even have the stiffness of a coupe to boot.

Pilot2519j 10-11-2006 07:12 PM

Convertible for me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boxter
If you are able to get what you need for the Box and you can swing the Targa go for it...even though you won't be able to live life with the top down you still will be able to live life with the top open! :D

I concurr big time. Nothing like driving a open top Porsche. This December is 3 yrs with my BoxsterS which I love. Everytime I think of doing something to modify I quickly forget when I drive it the next time. It is a perfect symmetry of performance and handling. Love the Cayman but rather have the open top. Love the 911 cabriolet but it does not look right to me. Looks like someone decided to chop off the roof as an afterthought. Sure I would love more hp but then again when is enough ever enough? :)

Grizzly 10-11-2006 07:21 PM

"Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate"

That's the second Occam's Razor reference I've seen in the last two days. SD987 posted one earlier.

ohioboxster 10-12-2006 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdpt73
you must be pulling our legs if you are debating between a targa and a boxster, the targa is in a whole other level, the beautiful lines of a 911 and a big sunroof. you even have the stiffness of a coupe to boot.

No not pulling any legs. My financial situtation has greatly improved since the purchase of the Box. However, it was impulse I reigned myself in and cleared my head. Decided to save more rather than spend more.

Brucelee 10-12-2006 05:28 AM

Its a matter of personal taste. You got to love both cars.

In fact, that is the solution.

Two cars, no waiting.

Dr. Kill 10-12-2006 10:03 AM

Wow, what a wonderful problem to have! I would personally go for the 911, but you really can't make a bad choice here IMO.

hdpt73 10-16-2006 05:54 PM

you sure are right about the comparison between the extra cash + box vs the targa. hard choice but i'd take the cash and drive a box.

bmussatti 11-02-2006 01:50 PM

I know this thread is a little old, and Ohioboxster decided not to get the Targa, but I want to include one more picture, that I could just not find, that I had seen before, a few weeks ago:

ohioboxster 11-02-2006 03:46 PM

Ok, that didnt help. My friend still has the Targa in the showroom but my Boxster is running so good. Its so nice to have the car running right and it has that little supercharger whine. Im not frustrated with my car anymore, just cant explain what a joy it is to drive now. Plus its really unique around here, remember I said seeing a Porsche in Akron is like spotting bigfoot? I would say you NOT going to see a blown Boxster for quite sometime. Maybe in a year or two I will revisit the 911 decision.

Dr. Kill 11-02-2006 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohioboxster
Ok, that didnt help. My friend still has the Targa in the showroom but my Boxster is running so good. Its so nice to have the car running right and it has that little supercharger whine. Im not frustrated with my car anymore, just cant explain what a joy it is to drive now. Plus its really unique around here, remember I said seeing a Porsche in Akron is like spotting bigfoot? I would say you NOT going to see a blown Boxster for quite sometime. Maybe in a year or two I will revisit the 911 decision.

yeah that is true - stock 911s will always be around, but you do have something unique now...

Thumper 11-02-2006 04:00 PM

I followed a Lapis Blue Targa for a while on may way to work a couple of months ago and fell in love with it. A goober was driving it, but you could tell he really took great care of it.

Given the pics of the one you're considering, I'd have had to have it. I wonder if you can add a supercharger to the Targa?????? I bet if you put pencil to paper, you could figure out a way to have both the Superboxster AND the Targa. :D

jeffsquire 11-02-2006 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohioboxster
I know but isnt it just beautiful?

You only live once. :cheers: