986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   986 ends up on second floor (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/76615-986-ends-up-second-floor.html)

piper6909 11-17-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 606867)
I prefer to think of it as mission creep :D though in this setting it's not particularly a big deal. It happens. Things—threads included—evolve. What's the harm? Nobody's required to read it.

I think it's more of an issue in the DIY-kinds of threads, where people don't want to wade through a lot of fluff to find what they're looking for.

No harm at all. It was more meant in tongue-in-cheek than anything else. ;) I was more than a bit amused by where the thread went, though. Could the OP or anyone have ever guessed it would take this route?

:cheers:

PS: "...mission 'creep'... " Was that pun intended? hahaha

husker boxster 11-17-2019 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 606853)
And husker, don’t fret—I’m pretty sure you’re still in good standing with everyone here.

Thanks. I'm not feeling ostracized. I just figured I'd said plenty and was waiting for the next IMS, oil, or tire thread. ;)

Glad to see fences are being mended.

10/10ths 11-17-2019 11:12 AM

Good times....

....we are all in this together.

I have learned soooooo much from this forum. My Boxster ownership experience has been made so much better from the help I have received from the community here.

Thank you all so very much.

Cheers.

piper6909 11-17-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10/10ths (Post 606872)

I have learned soooooo much from this forum. My Boxster ownership experience has been made so much better from the help I have received from the community here.

Cheers.

100% Same here.

maytag 11-17-2019 12:18 PM

Koombaya!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

piper6909 11-17-2019 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maytag (Post 606876)
Koombaya!

haha! Want a flower to wear?

Frodo 11-18-2019 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maytag (Post 606876)
Koombaya!

hahahahahahahaha

Wish I’d have said that!
I WOULD have said that, but yesterday I got busy with other—marginally more important—stuff to do around here.

Let’s build a campfire! Who’s got a guitar? :D:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10/10ths (Post 606772)
I will refrain from any more posts.

...today...probably.. :rolleyes:

Starter986 11-18-2019 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10/10ths (Post 606872)

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by piper6909 (Post 606875)
100% Same here.

Exactly why coffee always will be on me considering the, literally, thousands of dollars I've saved. :cheers:

Frodo 11-18-2019 05:26 AM

Me too on that.

Never did any wrenchin' before I got the Boxster and started up on this forum. Since then, I've done a fair amount of stuff using 101 Projects, the Bentley manual, and the resources found here. Now if I only had a lift...

(I KNEW I couldn't go all day without posting again!!)

dghii 11-18-2019 05:52 PM

Pushed a button. Moving on.

BYprodriver 11-18-2019 06:26 PM

[QUOTE=piper6909;606870]No harm at all. It was more meant in tongue-in-cheek than anything else. ;) I was more than a bit amused by where the thread went, though. Could the OP or anyone have ever guessed it would take this route?

2 years ago No, since then there are no boundrys. I wonder what has changed?

Frodo 11-19-2019 03:01 AM

[QUOTE=BYprodriver;606962]
Quote:

Originally Posted by piper6909 (Post 606870)
No harm at all. It was more meant in tongue-in-cheek than anything else. ;) I was more than a bit amused by where the thread went, though. Could the OP or anyone have ever guessed it would take this route?

2 years ago No, since then there are no boundrys. I wonder what has changed?

Well, for one thing we may be getting more nonsensical posts than we used to. Aside from that I guess not all that much..

Frodo 11-19-2019 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dghii (Post 606961)
Pushed a button. Moving on.

You and Myles Garrett.
A reasonable tactic at this point.

marsheng 11-20-2019 09:58 AM

Read most of the posts and yes it is a tragedy. I keep thinking how the sympathetic view would be different if there were young children sleeping in the room that they hit.

We all do stupid things as kids. I broke a back axil in a customers car by dropping the clutch at 2am in the morning, but, my guess, is + 100 mph on a public road is downright wrong. I have had cars airborne before on hilly roads but the best I could to is maybe 10 feet. Second story of a building is another thing altogether.

We have problem here in Christchurch New Zealand. 12 to 16 year olds steel cars and ride at high speeds (60+ mph) in the city. When the cops find them sometimes there is a chase. 3 ended up dead 4 months ago when the car hit a tree and burst into flames. The kids are often from institutions and this is what the do for kicks. So this sort of scenario is nothing new here. It is reported 3-4 time a year in the paper.

You can do stupid things but when you put others at risk, its never right. They had no respect for their fellow men. :ah:

maytag 11-20-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 606911)
Me too on that.

Never did any wrenchin' before I got the Boxster and started up on this forum. Since then, I've done a fair amount of stuff using 101 Projects, the Bentley manual, and the resources found here. Now if I only had a lift...

(I KNEW I couldn't go all day without posting again!!)

Let's see if I can after this yet another direction..... Haha

Im a DIY'er in basically everything but plumbing. So when I got my box, I jumped on here to see what manuals reign supreme in this world. I bought the same two you did.

Fast forward not quite 2 years; I've done everything on the car, up to and including a motor swap..... and I still haven't broken the seal on the Bentley manual.

So to anyone reading this: buy the 101 book.... but boot l not the Bentley.... until you know you need it.
And then make me an offer on mine. Hahaha

Starter986 11-20-2019 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maytag (Post 607059)

Im a DIY'er in basically everything but plumbing. So when I got my box, I jumped on here to see what manuals reign supreme in this world. I bought the same two you did.

Fast forward not quite 2 years; I've done everything on the car, up to and including a motor swap..... and I still haven't broken the seal on the Bentley manual.

So to anyone reading this: buy the 101 book.... but boot l not the Bentley.... until you know you need it.
And then make me an offer on mine. Hahaha

Likewise! I've looked in the Bentley maybe twice, and that was only to make certain properly I was reinstalling the belt.

99% of the answers I seek come from this forum. Likely I'll, too, sell the book and use it for coffeee money... for you guys. ;)

marsheng 11-21-2019 10:10 AM

But Bentleys cant fly.

I see it's not listed as a car your own in your signature?

maytag 11-21-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marsheng (Post 607126)
But Bentleys cant fly.

I see it's not listed as a car your own in your signature?

And yet, there it is.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ef5879e864.jpg

Frodo 11-21-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Why not? Drag it on...maybe we can eventually catch up with "What did you do with/to your Boxster today?"

Quote:

Im a DIY'er in basically everything but plumbing.

That's smart. I occasionally tackle plumbing issues. I typically regret it.

Quote:

That surprises me, at least a little. Me? I'm an insecure, relatively new mechanic, so with most Boxster DIYs I tend to at least glance at most of the available resources, to include Bentley. This is in stark contrast to my older son's approach, wherein he often dives in without reading a whole lot of anything ("Shop manual...we don't need no stinkin' shop manual!") Until he gets stumped, that is.

Frodo 11-21-2019 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maytag (Post 607129)
And yet, there it is.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...ef5879e864.jpg

Is that Uncle Fester takin' that selfie??