986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   986 ends up on second floor (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/76615-986-ends-up-second-floor.html)

10/10ths 11-14-2019 10:53 AM

We....

....are all already dead.

Nobody gets outta here alive.

Cheers.

dghii 11-14-2019 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10/10ths (Post 606668)
....are all already dead.

Nobody gets outta here alive.

Cheers.

Don't delay then. FU and your High horse.

evomind 11-16-2019 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by husker boxster (Post 606524)
Must have been a Launch Vehicle. Check the VIN for option code 762.

OMG....Too funny.
Not what happened but your comment.
:)

10/10ths 11-16-2019 08:14 AM

Ok...

....Wow.

I will refrain from any more posts.

Cheers.

Frodo 11-16-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10/10ths (Post 606772)
....Wow.

Cheers.

Not a bad idea..

maytag 11-16-2019 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10/10ths (Post 606772)
....Wow.

Cheers.

10/10ths, I hope ya don't refrain. I think there's enough room for lots of opinions around here. Even if mine is right. But that includes those (including myself) who think your comment was insensitive and in poor taste, right?

I would point-out, too, that there's only one reason to ANNOUNCE that you're going to stop posting.... as opposed to simply STOP POSTING, hahaha.

::cheers::

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

piper6909 11-16-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 606801)
Not a bad idea..

Quote:

Originally Posted by dghii (Post 606697)
Don't delay then. FU and your High horse.

Obviously neither of you understood 10/10ths' reference.

We don't need to be pushing people out of here, even if we don't understand or agree with them.

Frodo 11-16-2019 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piper6909 (Post 606806)
Obviously neither of you understood 10/10ths' reference.

We don't need to be pushing people out of here, even if we don't understand or agree with them.

I'll confess to not knowing what you mean by "10/10ths' reference." I'm pretty sure I've got a decent grasp of what's been discussed in this thread.

My comment simply addressed the fact that there seemed to be some bad blood brewing here over this subject (and the comments generated by it), and a de-escalation seemed to be a not-so-bad idea. Which is what I believe 10/10ths was shooting for.

I'm not sure I was "pushing" anyone out of here. Hey 10/10ths—you feel "pushed out" by what I said??

piper6909 11-16-2019 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 606817)

I'm not sure I was "pushing" anyone out of here.

He said he'll "refrain from any more posts" and you said "not a bad idea."

It came across to me like at the very least you were encouraging him to leave. If that was not your intention, you have my apologies.

:cheers:

Frodo 11-16-2019 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piper6909 (Post 606819)
He said he'll "refrain from any more posts" and you said "not a bad idea."

It came across to me like at the very least you were encouraging him to leave. If that was not your intention, you have my apologies.

:cheers:

Oh no, no, no...it was not my intention at all, not in any permanent sense.
My agreement with him was with regard to this thread only. Which has, I think, pretty much played itself out anyway and is, I would contend, ripe for burial.
In my dozen years on this forum, I'm reasonably sure I've never suggested anyone leave permanently. (There's been a select few I WISH would leave...but that's a different matter ;) )
No apology necessary, but I appreciate the offer :cheers:

nicecar 11-16-2019 05:32 PM

uhhhhh......stupid is as stupid does?

10/10ths 11-16-2019 07:39 PM

Ok...

...I suppose “announcing” I’m not posting any more is lame.

All I posted was that this driver was a moron and he killed himself through natural selection.

Then a couple of folks posted that I was insensitive about death and youths who are wreckless and hurt themselves.

Then I simply posted that we are all going to die one day.

And then someone got ugly.

Here’s the reference:

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/no-one-here-gets-out-alive-jerry-hopkins/1103271001

If you can’t laugh at death, then death wins.

I only feel sorry for the passenger in the wrecked car and those on this forum with no sense of humor.

I should have known better than to risk upsetting anyone and stuck to discussing the IMS Solution, synthetic motor oil, high performance tires, and the heartbreak of Psoriasis.

Cheers.

maytag 11-16-2019 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10/10ths (Post 606830)

I should have known better than to risk upsetting anyone and stuck to discussing the IMS Solution, synthetic motor oil, high performance tires, and the heartbreak of Psoriasis.

Cheers.

Hahaha. Well-played, mon pot. ;-)

I like to think I have a sense of humor.... but I guess we all have different buttons, because we all have different life experiences that shape them.
Me, having lost family members far too young, to, perhaps, similarly ill-conceived behavior, it's a little close to home for me.

But once I've expressed my opinion on it.... y'all are certainly free to ignore me, just like my kids do.

10/10ths 11-17-2019 02:42 AM

Maytag...

....I’m sorry for your loss.

I will never ignore you, I have always enjoyed your posts.

That’s the problem with words on a screen, there is no tone, you can’t look the other person in the eye, hear the inflection in their voice, and know the true meaning of what they are trying to say like you can when you are actually talking to folks face to face.

I have had so many friends die in combat that I have turned to humor to cope. I realize that in a public forum like this there is no way to “know the room” and one must tread more lightly.

I will stick to nuts and bolts, and avoid social commentary.

By the way, the “IMS Solution” really is the only viable option for long term peace of mind for those worried about their OEM IMS bearing.

😁

Cheers.

SMK Shoe 11-17-2019 04:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10/10ths (Post 606848)

I have had so many friends die in combat that I have turned to humor to cope.

Cheers.

That's really the only way to do it. You can't change what happened. I usually cuss them out when I'm at home having a beer , or out doing something they would have been involved in.
The entire time I was in (26 years), we called it black humor. Only people that get our sick sense of humor were the others that walked the same path.

Frodo 11-17-2019 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10/10ths (Post 606848)
That’s the problem with words on a screen, there is no tone, you can’t look the other person in the eye, hear the inflection in their voice, and know the true meaning of what they are trying to say like you can when you are actually talking to folks face to face.

I have an old friend, someone I went out with 35 years ago, that I maintain contact with via text messaging. She can be pretty opinionated on many things, and loves to stir things up in our discussions. Our texts—generally light and friendly—can become truly contentious at times. She enjoys “pushing my buttons” from time to time, and I don’t hesitate to push back. Sometimes, inevitably, unintentionally, feelings get hurt and one or both of us get really PO’d, and typically it’s for this very reason. We always ultimately patch things up—old friends are the best, right? The sense of humor returns. But what was stated in the above-quoted post is true. Facial expression and body language aren’t well transmitted via text messages. As she has said on many such occasions, “This is a dangerous way to communicate.” While she was referring to texting, clearly the same applies here.

And husker, don’t fret—I’m pretty sure you’re still in good standing with everyone here.

maytag 11-17-2019 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frodo (Post 606853)
I have an old friend, someone I went out with 35 years ago, that I maintain contact with via text messaging. She can be pretty .........

You had me right up to there.
And then my imagination took over.

Sorry.

Hahaha

Frodo 11-17-2019 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maytag (Post 606857)
You had me right up to there.
And then my imagination took over.

Sorry.

Hahaha

Wonderful, only too pleased to stir that imagination for you! And a vivid imagination I'm sure it is!

piper6909 11-17-2019 06:50 AM

Wow... Talk about thread drift.

From a bizarre tragedy to someone fantasizing about someone else's flame from 35 years ago. :p:p

This has got to be one for the books. :rolleyes:

Frodo 11-17-2019 08:51 AM

I prefer to think of it as mission creep :D though in this setting it's not particularly a big deal. It happens. Things—threads included—evolve. What's the harm? Nobody's required to read it.

I think it's more of an issue in the DIY-kinds of threads, where people don't want to wade through a lot of fluff to find what they're looking for.