Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2019, 12:58 PM   #1
Super Moderator

IMS Retrofit / Upgrade Products

If you're needing to upgrade or repair your IMS, check out these products below.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

- LN Engineering IMS SOLUTION for 2000, 05 M96 engines with original single-row IMS bearing. Replaces OE single-row bearing with pressure-fed bearing.

- LN Engineering IMS SOLUTION for dual, row IMS BEaring MY97-01. For M96 engines with original dual-row IMS bearings. Replaces OE dual-row bearing with pressure-fed bearing.

- LN Engineering IMS Solution Intermediate Shaft Bearing Update Kit, (updates from ball bearing to simple bearing with oil-feed)

- Pelican M96 Intermediate Shaft Bearing (IMS) Update Kit, for either Single or Dual Row IMS

- LN Engineering IMS Bearing Single Row PRO Retrofit Kit. Fits 2000-05 M96 Engines. Integrates dual-row bearing in place of single-row bearing.

- LN Engineering IMS Bearing Upgrade Kit for M96 2006-08. Engine disassembly required.

- LN Engineering Dual Row IMS Bearing Retrofit Kit for M96 1997-01 (inc. hub, retainer, and bearing)

- LN Engineering IMS PRO TOOL KIT. Everything you need to install a classic Single or Dual Row IMS Bearing Retrofit. Includes: Bearing Installation Tool, 5 Chain and 3 Chain Engine Cam Locks, TDC Lock Pin, and Broken Stud Easy-Out

- LN Engineering M96 Faultless IMS TOOL KIT for removal and installation IMS Bearing retrofit, (kit #LN-106-08-2-2)

Last edited by Dmitry at Pelican Parts; 05-03-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Dmitry at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:14 AM   #2

please elaborate a bit, which one's needed for our cars. As in: is the first one a permanent "replace and forget" upgrade, or what's the actual difference between the LN products?

It's not clear from the descriptions in the shop, at all.
palmhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2019, 09:52 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by palmhero View Post
please elaborate a bit, which one's needed for our cars. As in: is the first one a permanent "replace and forget" upgrade, or what's the actual difference between the LN products?

It's not clear from the descriptions in the shop, at all.
The first one is a replacement OEM bearing, not a LN product; none of the ones listed are the IMS Solution, which is the only permanent fix; and none of the products are any sort of deal, they are all list price...……...
Old 05-05-2019, 11:36 AM   #4

Does LN keep a database of car chassis / engine serial numbers that have their products installed?
palmhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 11:44 AM   #5
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmhero View Post
Does LN keep a database of car chassis / engine serial numbers that have their products installed?
Yes, but ONLY if the installation was registered with them by the installer. Many cars that have had it done are not registered, but if it is registered, it is done.
Does my car have it already? – IMS Retrofit
Old 05-05-2019, 01:14 PM   #6
Theoretical propagandist

Garage
8 years ago I went through Bill Ryan Casper Labs, Inc. tel. 561-575-3157 for my double row IMS bearing. A fraction of the cost and the exact bearing used my others (ceramic). Nothing in my oil, nothing in my filter and no issues what so ever since I replaced it. Bill is a well known person in the aviation industry as well as Porsche field for his quality products, tools and solutions.
Old 05-05-2019, 03:21 PM   #7

I thought Casper was out of business. the last google references about them were from the 2012 era.

mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote