Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2018, 03:22 PM   #1

AOS separator access ??

well, my end of summer PM work is almost done, I have a new AOS because I thought that was the source of my oil leak but it was not. Oil leak on passenger side dripping onto OXY sensor...but can you replace the AOS without removing the intake assembly ??...I sure cannot even see the bolts from the top or bottom

Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:29 PM   #2

No need to remove the intake. I did mine removing the bolts from side of passenger rear wheel/fender (just need to remove your wheel). Check Pelican DIY. Maybe an hour job.
ndfrigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdwight View Post
well, my end of summer PM work is almost done, I have a new AOS because I thought that was the source of my oil leak but it was not. Oil leak on passenger side dripping onto OXY sensor...but can you replace the AOS without removing the intake assembly ??...I sure cannot even see the bolts from the top or bottom
Don't know if or when you've done your spark plug tubes or O-rings but I experienced a slight oil leak a couple of years ago that turned out to be O-rings. I initially dismissed the possibility as i had done tubes and O-rings at 90K miles. At 130K, after a few drops of oil and a hot oil smell as oil was dripping on exhaust, I replaced the O-rings again and problem was solved.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:02 PM   #4

I will take a look this weekend

I have found when I am tired and a little ticked off by a car project to just walk away for a bit and take a fresh look later. I got the new lower temp thermostat and housing in, new water pump, new belt, and managed to bleed most of the air from the system...although all I could get back in was 2.5 gal of antifreeze ( concentrated not 50/50) and two gallons of distilled water.

On a brighter note, I did get my original wheels powder coated, I repainted the calipers myself. The guy media blasted and polished then powder coated Porsche Silver and then two coats of clear coat.....they have never looked so good. New tires and once it is running a 4 wheel alignment and a winter oil change with DT-40

Now to take a look Sunday and see if I can get the AOS out and replace with the new OEM Porsche one I got from Pelican

PS did spark plugs at the end of summer, new tubes and new O rings.....also just installed now rear control arms....this has been a big project for me as I work two jobs and precious little time.
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 03:04 AM   #5

I was able to R&R my AOS with the car on a lift all from underneath . Get ready to swear like a sailor it is tight confines .

2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote