Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2018, 04:12 PM   #21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markmcd64 View Post
No and no. I guess that one of the drains for the roof got clogged and cause water to come into the cockpit. That cause the module under the seat to short out. This is why I had repaired. As far as the ignition position, when the key is on everything works fine- radio, power windows, power locks, convertible top, it just doesn’t fire when I try to turn it over. I have sent the car to a shop that specializes in Porsche repairs. They are going to do some testing. Thanks for the help.
Wow, this is exactly the problem I'm having, and about to do the same thing. I went so far as to verify that the starter lock relay gets a signal from the ignition switch and the MFI+DI relay, but no signal from the ECU. But I get no codes in OBDII. I hope you get some resolution. It's driving me crazy. I've driven mine once since I bought it.

harrg67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 05:11 PM   #22
More of a truck guy

If I was a betting man, I would put my money on a bad chip in the key, or an issue with the receiver box that plugs into the ignition switch. If the “pill” in the key is bad, then the car won’t turn over.

It could also be the electrical connector at the back of the ignition switch.

If it were me, I would get a complete 2nd ECU, key, and immobilizer set, to see if that allows the car to start. Those 3 are easy to replace. If it starts, you have ruled out everything else and the problem is with one of the three components. If it doesn’t, then you know it is is switch, wiring, or chip receiver problem.

Good luck!
Old 09-15-2018, 05:56 AM   #23
More of a truck guy

Update?

Any update on this issue? Inquiring minds want to know.