Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2018, 02:28 PM   #1
Super Moderator

We Go Behind-the-Scenes with Rennline, and You Get to Suggest the Products You Want.

Rennline has consistently been expanding their product lines to cater to even more Porsche, BMW, MINI, Volkswagen, Audi, and Mercedes Benz enthusiasts. They’ve added many new applications to their ExactFit phone mount lineup and are continuing to add more models. Just this past week we worked with Rennline to help with product development on the 2018 Panamera. Check out the video below for a quick behind the scenes interview with Tom Rittenburg at Rennline on how they develop their application specific ExactFit phone mounts.

Rennline is always thinking of ways to help automotive enthusiasts by producing the products that people want. Because they’re so willing to help automotive enthusiasts, we figure it would be best to ask you, the Pelican community, what you want produced. If you have any suggestions or ideas on products Rennline should produce, please post them below. We’ll be sure to pass on the suggestions, and if your idea will be put into production, you'll receive a FREE one. That's right, Rennline will thank you by sending you a free product that you came up with - how cool is that!

We're going to be making regular updates on our YouTube account, including everything from event coverage to product demos, vehicle features and more! Make sure you check out our YouTube channel and subscribe to it for original content from us!

Dmitry at Pelican Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 08:39 AM   #2

For myself and couple of others I have noted on line (Boxster and Cayman), Rennline's fully adjustable pedal has an actuator rod that is primarily too long for proper pedal positioning and set up. It leads to an unnatural foot flex position and an uncomfortable driving position.

The long length of rod forcedme to devise my own throttle stop via CAD and Durametric analysis.

Also, the fit of the ball end in the plastic pedal mechanism needs to be revised such that it does not lead to undue wear (size and surface roughness).

A revised actuator rod for the pedal would be a welcome product update.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:12 AM   #3
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
For myself and couple of others I have noted on line (Boxster and Cayman), Rennline's fully adjustable pedal has an actuator rod that is primarily too long for proper pedal positioning and set up. It leads to an unnatural foot flex position and an uncomfortable driving position.

The long length of rod forcedme to devise my own throttle stop via CAD and Durametric analysis.

Also, the fit of the ball end in the plastic pedal mechanism needs to be revised such that it does not lead to undue wear (size and surface roughness).

A revised actuator rod for the pedal would be a welcome product update.
Thanks very much Jay. We will definitely pass this info along to our friends at Rennline.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:48 AM   #4

It was 40 C degrees here yesterday and I was really amazed at how hot my engine got. Every around it was cooking for hours.

I think front fender wheel well liner vent kit for 9X6 and 9X7 cars would be good to get air moving through the radiators better. Perhaps the kit should include light weight panels to block the downward air path (not sure how this would affect cooling in traffic)
Old 08-29-2018, 01:09 PM   #5

986S front lip spoiler that fits the stock bumper.
Old 08-29-2018, 01:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
It was 40 C degrees here yesterday and I was really amazed at how hot my engine got. Every around it was cooking for hours.

I think front fender wheel well liner vent kit for 9X6 and 9X7 cars would be good to get air moving through the radiators better. Perhaps the kit should include light weight panels to block the downward air path (not sure how this would affect cooling in traffic)
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 01:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningr View Post
986S front lip spoiler that fits the stock bumper.
Super yes! I need to get some ideas so I can get the free item!
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:01 PM   #8
Super Moderator

Both great ideas - we'll relay them to the folks at Rennline. Thanks and keep em' coming!
Old 09-06-2018, 03:58 PM   #9

Shift lever extension for Porsche shift levers to bring sifter knobs closer the steering wheel:

-bottom end fits on the end of the Porsche shifter lever; set screwed in place.
-standard rectangular section above this to secure Porsche sift knobs.
-shift boot / gator retained as normal on the shift knob.
-Porsche shift boot / gators tend to have a lot of material to accommodate a stretch.
Old 09-09-2018, 08:53 AM   #10

Phone Mount

I will give them an easy one. Make an exact fit phone mount for those of us who have 986/996 vehicles that do not have the lower center console. I have a GT3 delete and would love one of their phone mounts. Been trying to figure out what existing one could be easily modified (early Cayenne looks possible)
jrj3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:21 AM   #11

a functional rear diffuser - one that ties-in with the other underbody panels.

mirror blanks - blank plates that replace the side mirrors so that we can attach lightweight mirrors.

centre rad 'smile' for 986/996 front bumper covers.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 08:17 AM   #12
Porsche "Purist"

Garage
How about some drain trays made out of something more durable than the foam stock ones? Built in screens for the drains would be a plus.
Owned and repaired Porsches since 1974. Porsche: It's not driving, it's therapy.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 05:04 PM   #13

986 Radiator Screens

I would love some radiator screens to keep the leaves out of the radiators. You have some really nice looking ones for other Porsche models. Much better than homemade fabricated ones. Add a DRL integrated into the louvre and it would be perfect!

Thanks for the opportunity to provide input.

Last edited by Tjkarp; 11-28-2019 at 08:39 AM.
Tjkarp is offline   Reply With Quote