Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2018, 02:03 AM   #1

Window Height Adjustment 03 Box S

I just replaced the window regulator and it works ok. I think the window is too high and trying to adjust it down. It moves in the correct directions at the correct times but too far. Window moves up about 80mm up/down when opening/closing. I can't get the door latch to fool the car. It snaps, as if closed, but the window doesn't move until it's really closed, then works. Since the window is not up all the way I can't get to the torx screws on the bottom of the door to adjust. What else is going on that the door is not fooled it's closed. I checked all the measurements I could and they seem way too much and need to be adjusted down. Thanks for any help.

juliof16c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 04:01 AM   #2

With the window down try to adjust the window to fit. A few mm above the roof seal.
window up... measure ...window down ...adjust... repeat until you get it about right. both adjustment screws should be in contact with the stops when the window is up.
Then:
With the window down close the door. Roll the window up and hold the switch in the up position for about 5 seconds. This teaches the motor what it needs to know for limits. You will need to do this 5 second switch thing every time the battery is disconnected.
Remember, always have the side airbag connected when the ignition is turned on or you will get an airbag code that not all scanners will clear. Good Luck. Hope this helps.

obthomas is offline   Reply With Quote