Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #1

Seat Heater Help

I have a 2000 S and the drive seat heater does not work. When I push the button to turn it on, the light flashes but goes right off and the heater does not come on. Passenger side works fine. Any ideas on what the problem is or what to check to fix?
Thanks for the help.

gman1113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
The seat heater relay controls the light in the switch, so it could be that the relay is bad. I would start by swapping the relay from the working seat to see if that fixes the issue, if not then you can rule the relay out. The seat heater relay is mounted under each seat.
Old 06-19-2018, 03:55 AM   #3

Mine does the same.
There's a lot of discussions (several, anyway) on fixing the problem, so give it a search.
I read some of them, a good while ago, and they sounded like more of a challenge than I wanted to undertake just to heat the seat. I always seem to find something else to work on that feels more important to me at the time. She hibernates in the winter months, so being a fair-weather Boxster driver, I just forgot about it. I've adapted...top down/windows up + heat cranked up, it's gotta get pretty cool before I even start to miss the butt-heater.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote