Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2017, 12:10 PM   #1

Garage
Just finished Raby 102 M96 class

Oh man what a blast. Four days with Jake and a bunch of people who really know engines. Blended enthuists and pros. I was clearly the guy with the least amount of experience and enjoyed the heck out of it. Everyone was very patient and helpful.

Jake helped me with an issue I had and mentioned this might be his last M96 class so I signed up. Hope to use the knowledge is a year or two to rebuild my own engine. Took a long block apart and put one together. Practiced wrist pin insert - took me a few tries to get the hang but they were all very supportive - and cam timing. Got a great understanding of the internals and had an absolute blast. Ready to take the performance class when it pops up next.

2003 S, 6 Speed, PCM, PSM, Bose, Litronics with washers, on its' second LN IMSB, comfort top, UDP, 987 engine mount, 997 RMS, Koni Sport Shocks, H&R springs, Techno brace, comfort blinkers, nin8six windscreen, particlewave light up cubby
Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 02:00 PM   #2

I assume this was at his Monroe facility ? Pretty impressive isn't it ? It's in the middle of friggen nowhere but amazing things happen there with Porsche engines of all kinds . He is quite the teacher and the guys in the Cleveland facility Judd and Blake are top notch also .
2002 Boxster S Arctic Silver with black top with glass window and black leather interior. Jake Raby 3.6 SS ( the beast ) with IMS Solution. 996 GT3 front bumper , GT3 rocker covers and GT3TEK rear diffuser and Joe Toth composites rear ducktail spoiler .
rfuerst911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:21 AM   #3

It was lots of fun and great to finally meet Jake, Tony and Charles. I look forward to putting a M96 back together.
Old 11-06-2017, 06:42 AM   #4

Good food too!
spendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coaster View Post
Jake helped me with an issue I had and mentioned this might be his last M96 class
Uh oh. If Jake's moving on, what does that harbour for M96 support in general...
Old 11-06-2017, 11:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by clickman View Post
Uh oh. If Jake's moving on, what does that harbour for M96 support in general...
I think he is just moving away from the M96/97 classes as they have not been made since 2008 and there is growing interest in the 9A1 and later engines. I'm sure he will still be building killer M96's.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #7

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFP in PA View Post
I think he is just moving away from the M96/97 classes as they have not been made since 2008 and there is growing interest in the 9A1 and later engines. I'm sure he will still be building killer M96's.
Yes. He said this was a blended class to get enough people in it. Interestingly enough, both the 9A1 and the air cooled classes are heating up. 9A1 as it is newer and air cooled because some of the new mechanics coming up didn't start out with them,

2003 S, 6 Speed, PCM, PSM, Bose, Litronics with washers, on its' second LN IMSB, comfort top, UDP, 987 engine mount, 997 RMS, Koni Sport Shocks, H&R springs, Techno brace, comfort blinkers, nin8six windscreen, particlewave light up cubby
Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote