Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2017, 05:06 AM   #21

Aggromuffin, you sound just like me back in 2004 when I bought my boxster.

I've owned and enjoyed it for many years, but the first few years were expensive and difficult. All the gremlins that had not appeared or were ignored by previous owners came out and I felt the need to address them all asap.

With this said, don't piss away money on new rims or interior bits or performance mods right away... you may well need this money for repairs in the first few years. Trust me. The better deal you get on a Porsche translates into the more money you'll need to spend on it initially to get it in good shape and make it a reliable driving car.

RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 05:51 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallNeighbour View Post
Aggromuffin, you sound just like me back in 2004 when I bought my boxster.

I've owned and enjoyed it for many years, but the first few years were expensive and difficult. All the gremlins that had not appeared or were ignored by previous owners came out and I felt the need to address them all asap.

With this said, don't piss away money on new rims or interior bits or performance mods right away... you may well need this money for repairs in the first few years. Trust me. The better deal you get on a Porsche translates into the more money you'll need to spend on it initially to get it in good shape and make it a reliable driving car.
Yeah, I can see that. I'm already so emotionally invested and I haven't even picked it up!

Only things I've purchased so far was a short shifter off of ParticleWave and the replacement washer reservoir. I'll be checking the spark plugs and coils when I get it and running my own inspection. After that just gonna maintain it and start a Boxster slush fund for big fixes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Aggromuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 08:13 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggromuffin View Post
Yeah, I can see that. I'm already so emotionally invested and I haven't even picked it up!

Only things I've purchased so far was a short shifter off of ParticleWave and the replacement washer reservoir. I'll be checking the spark plugs and coils when I get it and running my own inspection. After that just gonna maintain it and start a Boxster slush fund for big fixes

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
You should also be looking at suspension issues. The rather extreme difference in wear from left to right could indicate not so good tracking issues.
2 tires of the same age should wear evenly if the caster/camber/toe are proper. Could be looking at control arms and bushings.

RobertKing is offline   Reply With Quote