Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2017, 03:56 AM   #1

To the Canadians on the forum - -

It's the time of year we start seriously thinking of putting her away for the year.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:20 AM   #2

Garage
Did you do the Cabot Trail with your Boxster? I intend to do it in a couple of years health permitting.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:57 AM   #3
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace River View Post
It's the time of year we start seriously thinking of putting her away for the year.
Mine is already safely tucked in bed for the next 6 months.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:38 AM   #4

Just washed it for the last time this year (I think). I have a new set of rear brakes to install and a few other small things to look after this winter.
'11 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited - winter daily driver
'92 F250 - junk hauler; previous Porsches '95 993;'08 Cayman S;'70 911E
356Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:58 AM   #5

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3230 View Post
Did you do the Cabot Trail with your Boxster? I intend to do it in a couple of years health permitting.
My wife and I did Nova Scotia, including the Cabot trail, and PEI driving out 2004 Boxster S this summer. Great trip and the Boxster is the perfect vehicle.
2009 Mercedes Benz CLK 350 convertible
1941 Dodge Luxury Liner Coupe
Anker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:15 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anker View Post
My wife and I did Nova Scotia, including the Cabot trail, and PEI driving out 2004 Boxster S this summer. Great trip and the Boxster is the perfect vehicle.
Forgot to add that we saw a grand total of three other Porsches on the islands and I bet there are no Porsche dealerships and indies there.
Old 10-10-2017, 04:21 AM   #7

Weather in Niagara has been 10 degrees above average fornthsinyime of tear. Top down for another 2 weeks!!
GTA_G20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:02 PM   #8

Next year

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3230 View Post
I was going to do the Cabot Trail last weekend (I live about an hour and a half to the beginning of the Trail) but heard there are long stretches of construction with 30 km of gravel road in places and huge delays so I put off the fall colour tour until next fall.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Forgot to add that we saw a grand total of three other Porsches on the islands and I bet there are no Porsche dealerships and indies there.
There's a Porsche dealer in Halifax and one in Moncton, NB, but certainly nothing on Cape Breton or PEI.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:16 AM   #10

Quote:
There's a Porsche dealer in Halifax and one in Moncton, NB, but certainly nothing on Cape Breton or PEI.
Are you serious? Not even a Porsche car re-seller? Wow, anyone who wants to go make a quick 'little' fortune needs to buy used Porsche cars and go resell in these two places. Why not servicing them as well... you'd be loaded after 3~4 years I'm sure. No competition can you imagine that lolll
Old 10-14-2017, 07:14 AM   #11
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine8Six View Post
Are you serious? Not even a Porsche car re-seller? Wow, anyone who wants to go make a quick 'little' fortune needs to buy used Porsche cars and go resell in these two places. Why not servicing them as well... you'd be loaded after 3~4 years I'm sure. No competition can you imagine that lolll
The combined population of the 2 islands is under 250,000 with a median income of only $43,000 CDN. Not much call for a Porsche dealer I would say. That said, here in Winnipeg we have one Porsche dealer serving Manitoba and NW Ontario and they are booming.
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 10:21 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post
income of only $43,000 CDN.
That's what they say, and declare, officially LOLL Bet the reality is different. Once heard that each tuna fish they get out of that gulf worth more than my Boxster. Without the head lolll

Always been under the impression that each and every of those families in these regions owned lands worth more than I can save up in 9 lifetime. Kind of resources rich ppl that looks at you strangely when you raise the financial topic. Just an impression mind you...

Folks there might look at you even more strangely when you mention the brand Porsche also, dunno LOLL
Old 10-14-2017, 05:20 PM   #13

Garage
Quote:
I was going to do the Cabot Trail last weekend (I live about an hour and a half to the beginning of the Trail) but heard there are long stretches of construction with 30 km of gravel road in places and huge delays so I put off the fall colour tour until next fall.
Not true at all. The main trail is paved all the way. If you take some of the side roads you may run into gravel, but zippo on the main trail.
Old 10-16-2017, 04:34 AM   #14

Garage
Weather in Ottawa Ontario Canada is still holding out pretty good so should be able to keep it out on the road for a few more weeks fingers crossed !!
Old 10-16-2017, 06:53 AM   #15

Did the winter storage routine yesterday in beautiful warm sunny weather. No insurance. Ugh

Last edited by clickman; 10-16-2017 at 08:24 AM.
clickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 08:13 AM   #16

Quote:
Not true at all. The main trail is paved all the way. If you take some of the side roads you may run into gravel, but zippo on the main trail.
Yes am aware of that and it's true when there's no construction happening. Late summer/early fall is major construction season on the main part of the Cabot Trail.