Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2017, 03:40 PM   #1

Garage
Dumb request

When I put my radio in, I took out the duct that goes from the center console to left outside - I assume the duct for outside vent. But, when I put it back in, I'm not getting any ac from that vent and my feet always have air on them. I assume I got it in wrong but can't tell how. Would anyone be kind enough to take a picture of theirs so I can tell what I'm missing?

Thanks!
Bryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random other motorized vehicles
sharkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 07:12 PM   #2

What is your vent control set on on your climate control unit? Make sure it's not on feet as opposed to face vents. If not...

The duct is not mounted between the center console output and the vent. Crawl under the steering wheel and see if you can see if the duct has become disconnected on either end. You can easily get to both ends while your under the dash.

If they look ok, start your car and get the AC going and feel around under the dash for cold air,
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 03:54 AM   #3

The duct is two piece. One comes down from the vent then connects to another that has a flex end comes from the center. It may have disconnected at the vent. You have to reconnect the vent piece first then the center. Ask me how I know ? Lock cylinder replacement.
95 Integra Solo I sold
71 Opel GT sold
Xpit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #4

Garage
Thanks - I'll check that. It seems logical. Is it easy enough to tell where it comes down from the vent? That could also explain why the dash around the key is cold. The piece in the center with the flex end is the one that I took out but it's entirely possible I disconnected the other without realizing it. Also makes sense why the center piece seems a little short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpit77 View Post
The duct is two piece. One comes down from the vent then connects to another that has a flex end comes from the center. It may have disconnected at the vent. You have to reconnect the vent piece first then the center. Ask me how I know ? Lock cylinder replacement.
Random other motorized vehicles
sharkbyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 05:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpit77 View Post
You are correct! My bad...
I guess that means its been a while since my last ignition switch R/R....uh oh.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:42 PM   #6
1999 base

Garage
this thing is a pain the the butt.
i took it out a dozen times and still i can remember how it goes in. always takes me few minutes of fiddling to get it in.

this pic should give you a good start.

Meir is offline   Reply With Quote