Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2017, 03:08 PM   #1
2007 Cayman S

OBC & Cruise Control Activation

Hi guys - many of you have purchased Dwight Pilkilton’s (pdwight) highly regarded OBC harness. Now, those of you interested in activation of the Cruise Control module in your Boxster will be happy to learn that Dwight has created the wire harness that you need for activation of the Cruise Control module. Instead of building this harness yourself as per Wayne Dempsey’s Project 91/92, you can save a boat-load of fabrication time and overall uncertainty by using Dwight’s harness. It’s literally plug & play. His first Cruise Control prototype harness is in my car and working perfectly! Contact Dwight at his forum name: pdwight.

I am happy to help answer any general questions about the installation process of this great harness.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:29 PM   #2

Very cool.

2016 BMW M2, 6 Speed LBB - ED 7/2016
1997 993 Cab - Sold; 1997 993 Turbo - Sold
2001 Boxster S - Original Owner - 30K Miles -SOLD
Chuck W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 12:25 PM   #3

OBC Cruise and Me

First I want to thank David for your generous post and compliments. I also want to thank this board and it's members for your kind support and helping me keep my Boxster on the road one harness at a time. When I purchased my Boxster I had a great job with good pay, one year later I am looking for work and my salary is equal to my salary I made in 1985 ( and not adjusted dollars). But enough of the Dwight Violin , I am an old Electronics guy who learned on Vacuum Valves and my how the times have changed. I do make every harness one at a time in my shop, each one is hand crimped and hand soldered also connectors are"Pull" tested and Ohmed out with a meter to assure continuity. I can make you an OBC for any Boxster or 911 through 2004. Since I started doing this my costs have elevated a bit and I now only ship USPS with tracking.

OBC 4 Stalk Harness which is plug and play $50 Paypaled as a gift to pdwight@att.net

OBC Switch Harness using a (user supplied )dash switch $40

Cruise control Harness also plug and play $85 same as above.

I only use the correct connectors so there is no making or forcing anything to fit, it will look OEM and function better. My harnesses are hand wrapped and heat shrinked at intersecting prime points on the harness. I do not employ anyone and only I make these (with my +3 reading glasses..LOL). I encourage you to contact me if you have any questions or I can help in any way and I truly do appreciate this board and all it's members. I have shipped these all over the world and have never had a return or a complaint....like I said I do not sell a ton of these but it is just enough to pay for a water pump and a few other parts occasionally and for that I am very thankful.

All my best

Dwight
pdwight@att.net

Last edited by Pdwight; 08-12-2017 at 12:27 PM.
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote