Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2017, 02:44 PM   #1
My Creator Life

Your Thoughts on two-toned Interiors

Hey there everyone,
So I'm in the middle of doing some interior work on my 986. I have a full 996 interior available so thats what I'm starting with. The 996's insides are black and my 986 is grey. So far I have swapped the doors and center stack. I am having the carpets directly behind the doors covered in black leather that matches the door's looks and feel. Also the firewall cover is getting recovered as well. I'm keeping the floor's carpet grey. The instrument cluster is getting a black leather replacement cover. I'm thinking of keeping the rest of the dash grey up to the lower strip, then covering the bottom half with the same black leather as the rear pieces. If anyone has examples of two toned interiors I would like to see them, also any thoughts on this car's interior would be nice.
Thanks again!!!

Last edited by MyCeratorLife; 07-26-2017 at 02:48 PM.
MyCeratorLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:54 PM   #2

ruf is the king of the two (or more) -toned interior. a google image search might produce some good ideas.
The Radium King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:13 PM   #3

Also Particlewave has done some black/white 2 toned interior mods that look pretty good.
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:24 PM   #4
Motorist & Coffee Drinker

Garage
There's enough black trim pieces that black usually goes well. Here's one that I got from another forum member that had replaced the badly worn green seats.
'Der Box':
dbrint by Jon Russell, on Flickr
Two thought on your dash...
-Keep it all grey and put some grey into your door panels (airbag cover, or door pull and storage flap)
-Use a leather dye to dye the lower part instead of trying to replace the leather. Someone on the forum dyed the whole dash and it came out very well.
Has anyone attempted to dye the dashboard in place

Last edited by 78F350; 07-26-2017 at 03:27 PM. Reason: added link
78F350 is offline   Reply With Quote