Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2006, 06:12 PM   #21

Smile

Hi, Jangobox. I have the Cayenne’s cousin, the Touareg, and love it. The guy I bought my Boxster from was buying a Cayenne as well. They are a very nice ride. Good luck and enjoy.

00Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 06:41 PM   #22

Oh Man ! I love a good popcorn thread. Thanks for the compliments and the critque. This is the first time I have had a chance to look at this all day. Well here is why I bought the Cayenne. When I said practical it was really meant as a joke. To be quite honest and this is just my opinion, no Porsche is really practical unless it is what you do/use for a living. I took my Boxster in for an oil change at the dealership. They gave me a loaner, a regular base Cayenne. They needed to order a part for my boxster to do some needed bulletin recalls so that took about 3 days in total at the dealership. What does that mean? Well I had 3 days to test drive this Cayenne. WOW , I loved it. It handled great for an SUV, it felt like Porsche had built it. I t handled better then any SUV I have ever driven in my entire life. I have owned several and test drove many other SUV's in my life as well have owned many a pickup truck as well. I have owned 4-runners, Discoveries, Range Rovers and test drove the X5 , FX 45 and 35, the Lexus 330, Sequoia and some others that are slipping my mind right now. None of those and I mean none of those even came close to the performance and quality I felt suited me the best. Yes the X5 is a very tight SUV but it still did not have the quality of the Cayenne S. After the 3 days I concluded that I would get more use out of the Cayenne S then i would the boxster and would get to drive my "Porsche" more in every day events. Half of the fun of owning a Porsche , IMHO, is sharing it with others. The Cayenne let's me bring all my friends and family with me. Don't knock the Cayenne until you drive it. Yeah I too thought it was extremely ugly but it grew on me big time. I sold the Boxster because I knew once I got the Cayenne, the box would take a back seat and I knew I wouldn't get my money's worth from it. As far as the gas mileage, I got that covered, yeah its about 15 mpg but I also got a green machine...a Prius which I now label it as my Porsche Prius .

In closing..... The Cayenne S is one of the nicest automobiles I have ever owned. Worth every penny .....well I wish it was less of course. It's performance is worthy of Porsche's name. Everything about it is top notch quality.

Too me..it's bad ass.

And dare I do this?
Me and my Porsche and my Horsche....sorry I had to do it.
05' 987 Basalt Black Sold
http://photos.imageevent.com/rainand...s/DSC04327.JPG
jangobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:03 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpete
Did you know that if you leave a Cayenne Turbo S running while filling up the tank - it never fills up?

Ahhhhh......... Fridays.....
Ahhh, that made me LOL
gRed04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:14 PM   #24

Hey Jango you have a nice stable there.
gRed04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:27 PM   #25

Jim,

Search your feelings. I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate.

Jangobox...nice ride...nice Horsche too!

05 S - looking...
lexuspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:07 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexuspilot
Jim,

Search your feelings. I feel the conflict within you. Let go of your hate.

Jangobox...nice ride...nice Horsche too!
Hi,

I appreciate the sentiment, but I harbor no hate for you or anyone else... life is just too short.

Just not a fan of the Cayenne or SUVs in general, even though I own one. A '95 Honda Passport LX 4X4 5-speed (all available options) - 100k trouble-free miles - avg. 20MPG City and 26MPG Highway. At the time I bought it (new) I had a specific need for it - traveled regularly to 17 states on business with a need to carry more stuff than a normal trunk would hold.

Since then, it's paid for and still looks/runs as new so I'm keeping it 'til it dies so I can spend my money on other stuff or invest, but since my need has disappeared, I'll never buy another SUV...

Peace!

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 08:40 PM   #27

Jim you have got to read your own posts...
quote from your posts: "I hate it"

No one ever said you hated me. I let it go with a little star wars quote since someone else was quoting Lethal Weapon II in another post, but it must have been more vague than the Soprano's referance.

I could have guessed you had a Honda Passport, I would have bet my lifetime earnings on it! (actually I think you mentioned it before )
By the way it is not a SUV, it is an Isuzu, so you do not have to hate it.

05 S - looking...

Last edited by lexuspilot; 07-14-2006 at 08:42 PM.
lexuspilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 10:07 PM   #28

Dudes!

This is all pointless!!! Nobody is even realizing the real problem here, fricking grizzly is an eagles fan!!!!! I didn't think anyone was an eagles fan!! I got to admitt I love T.O., now that he's with my boys.....how bout them cowboys!

oh yeah, the cayenne looks pretty good.....it's crying desperately for some rims tho......and the gas joke about the cayenne never filling up was hysterical....
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:53 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
This is all pointless!!! Nobody is even realizing the real problem here, fricking grizzly is an eagles fan!!!!! I didn't think anyone was an eagles fan!! I got to admitt I love T.O., now that he's with my boys.....how bout them cowboys!

T.O.!?!?! T.O.?!?!? Slowly I turned, step by step, inch by inch...

The Philadelphia Eagles have spent decades teaching me two most valuable life lessons; patience and loyalty.

Then, just last season when I thought the Eagles had no further life lessons to offer, Andy Reid and Jeff Lurie confirmed what my father has taught me throughout my childhood; always do what is right, regardless of the immediate consequences. Do right, don't do wrong.

Like skilled Oncologists, those brilliant men successfully removed the cancer known as T.O.. Though our dear patient briefly tetered on the brink of death, free from the dreaded T.O. malignancy which has plagued Philadelphia and SanFranciso for years, our beloved Eagles will live to play another day!

T.O. in Dallas...Hey, good luck with that!
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:00 AM   #30

I thought the TO firing was the most righteous bust of all time.

As much as I hate firing people, I would have paid to do that one!

Take your attitude and .....................!

Go Eagles.

I love Philadelphia.

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 04:45 PM   #31

:dance: Booyah, Brucelee! :dance:
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 06:48 PM   #32

what the!

brucelee an eagle fan say it ain't so! if you guys weren't such a great source of boxster knowledge I'd leave this forum on cowboy fan principle j/k on a serious TO note tho, he wasn't 100% the problem....Mr. McOver rated had a little something to do with all of it...hence a VERY split locker room....but now back to boxsters.....who''s jumping in mine to make the trip to philly to watch the boys kill the she-gals? My Owens double star is ready!!
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 05:57 AM   #33

Actually, I am a patriots fan (I am from Boston orig.) but respect the Eagles for how they lanced the TO boil.

Also, I went to college in Philly and admire Philly Boxers, always very tough!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote