Thread: Sold my Box
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 06:41 PM   #22
jangobox

Oh Man ! I love a good popcorn thread. Thanks for the compliments and the critque. This is the first time I have had a chance to look at this all day. Well here is why I bought the Cayenne. When I said practical it was really meant as a joke. To be quite honest and this is just my opinion, no Porsche is really practical unless it is what you do/use for a living. I took my Boxster in for an oil change at the dealership. They gave me a loaner, a regular base Cayenne. They needed to order a part for my boxster to do some needed bulletin recalls so that took about 3 days in total at the dealership. What does that mean? Well I had 3 days to test drive this Cayenne. WOW , I loved it. It handled great for an SUV, it felt like Porsche had built it. I t handled better then any SUV I have ever driven in my entire life. I have owned several and test drove many other SUV's in my life as well have owned many a pickup truck as well. I have owned 4-runners, Discoveries, Range Rovers and test drove the X5 , FX 45 and 35, the Lexus 330, Sequoia and some others that are slipping my mind right now. None of those and I mean none of those even came close to the performance and quality I felt suited me the best. Yes the X5 is a very tight SUV but it still did not have the quality of the Cayenne S. After the 3 days I concluded that I would get more use out of the Cayenne S then i would the boxster and would get to drive my "Porsche" more in every day events. Half of the fun of owning a Porsche , IMHO, is sharing it with others. The Cayenne let's me bring all my friends and family with me. Don't knock the Cayenne until you drive it. Yeah I too thought it was extremely ugly but it grew on me big time. I sold the Boxster because I knew once I got the Cayenne, the box would take a back seat and I knew I wouldn't get my money's worth from it. As far as the gas mileage, I got that covered, yeah its about 15 mpg but I also got a green machine...a Prius which I now label it as my Porsche Prius .

In closing..... The Cayenne S is one of the nicest automobiles I have ever owned. Worth every penny .....well I wish it was less of course. It's performance is worthy of Porsche's name. Everything about it is top notch quality.

Too me..it's bad ass.

And dare I do this?
Me and my Porsche and my Horsche....sorry I had to do it.
05' 987 Basalt Black Sold
http://photos.imageevent.com/rainand...s/DSC04327.JPG
jangobox is offline   Reply With Quote