Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2017, 07:23 AM   #1

Top issues need guidence

Ok guys I had those stupid plastic ball joints break again ... no biggie but this time something jammed and bent the "boomarang" or pivot lever ... I put the top in emergency mode ( popped off remainder of ball joints both sides and put top up ... but here's the problem ... I'm getting the top not in limit message and my windows won't go up !!! And for safety and security and the cali heat that's no good ... the clamshell does not fit flush on the pass side but even having someone push it down doesn't change things I spent like 6 hours inspecting and doing different things and still same thing I gave up ... nothing looks bent or broken on the guides and the clamshell looks to be straight .. since it's not metal I assume it would break not bend ..... so here's my question.... is there anyway to get the message clear or override the windows AND is there anywhere to get just the pivot lever ? My pushrods look good and I have extra ball ends .... thanks in advance for any advice

Jmaze1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 07:24 AM   #2

Also the motor still makes noise so it's a mechanical issue not electrical with the top ... the message and window thing I need solved
Jmaze1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 03:50 PM   #3

Garage
The windows relay activate with a combination of the microswitch that gets pressed when the clamshell closes on top of the convertible motor and the one located in the dome light hook nest in front. In fact by just releasing the top latch the windows roll down. if you press the clamshell down (enough to activate the rear microswitch) and press the small tab in the front latch the windows should roll up completely....maybe because when you removed the ball joints the latch is not pressing deep enough to activate the front microswitch...try inserting a small piece of paper of cardboard and see if it works.....Good luck!

"I am who I am, your approval isn't required" - Jack Nicholson
Pablito is offline   Reply With Quote