Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2017, 04:35 AM   #41

Garage
Bad news! Hopefully Edd will get his own show. He is a brilliant guy and I loved watching them work on those great euro cars that we didn't see here in the states. The Lambo Uracco from Poland will always be my favorite.

Old 09-08-2017, 10:10 AM   #42

Velocity is now running this commercial for the new season of Wheeler Dealers which starts on October 4th. I loved Edd, but will watch it to see how Ant Anstead does -

Wheeler Dealers new season commercial
PaulE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 12:55 PM   #43

Edd was the show......I don't see anyone named "ANT" replacing him.

I saw them shooting at Pomona a couple weeks ago and Mike was nice to talk to, but a comic!!!

Ant was around.....but I did not realize it was him......

I love WD, but don't hold much hope for the future.
boxfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 07:19 PM   #44

They wouldn't let Edd into the shop to get his tools. Guess they feared he'd go postal. I'm afraid the "new" WD will be more like the new garbage on Velocity - a bunch of clowning around and less actual work.

Can't stand RMD Garage. They all ham it up for the camera and then suddenly a great looking car appears. And the owner is the worst when he goofs off and then claps his hands and tells the rest of them to get to work. Nice. Never see him do too much but look sharp for the camera. Wouldn't want to get those bright sneekers dirty.

Speed Is The New Black lost me when they rolled out a Triumph and their lead mechanic didn't know what it was. All those guys do is swear.

Iron Resurrection is OK but I wonder how they pump out those great paint jobs when they primer a car outside.

Since Graveyard Cars got rid of the clowns a few yrs ago, they do some actual work that you can see. Amazed at the cars they restore / produce.

Hopefully ********************in Rides & GYC don't get the same treatment as WD. BR & GYC may be the last bastion of real car shows left. I'm sure the suits at corporate will want to cut them down.

Obviously I watch too much Velocity.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 08:32 AM   #45

The only car show I watch is Car Fix with Lou and Jared, they both have deep knowledge and very good skills. No manufactured drama nor cursing and plenty of goofy cornball humor. Unfortunately it looks like they are changing up on the production of that too which is a shame.

Side Note: A friend of mine sold a 1500 original mile 944 Turbo to Gas Monkey / Richard Rawlings. They brought the film crew up and everything although it never aired, he sold the car at Pebble Beach. My friend said everything is totally staged and that they don't let the truth get in the way of a good story, my guess is that most people already knew that lol.

coreseller is offline   Reply With Quote