Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2006, 10:15 AM   #1

Porsche show last Sunday 6/25

Attached are a few pics from a Porsche show in the Denver area yesterday, 6/25.
I haven't attached any car pics, as I think most of us know what a Porsche of whatever model looks like.
The interesting thing here is the venue. If any of us have imagined what our dream Porsche garage might look like, this is probably pretty close to what we fantasized. The garage/shop is in a full-size replica of the engineering and office building at the the original Porsche factory in Gmund, Austria, circa 1947.
I think you will agree that host of this event is a bona fide Porsche nut.

Please excuse the smudge on the lens. Must have been from the bratwurst.

Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 10:56 AM   #2
Porscheectomy

Where was this and why didn't I hear about it? I was just washing cars yesterday!
blue2000s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 11:37 AM   #3

The event was at the home and grounds of a local Porsche club member. Since it was a PCA club event it was not publicized in the general press, although it was in Panorama (PCA nat'l publication) a month or so ago. The event was also a 928 Registry national event, and drew about 40 or so 928s from all over the country. Certainly more 928s than I have ever seen in one place before.

Not that I'm beating the drum for PCA membership, but this is the kind of event that the average non-PCA P-car owner would never even become aware of. This kind of thing goes on in every PCA region, i.e., access to events and venues that non-members can't attend. Not because attendance is necessarily restricted, just that if you don't get the local newsletter, you never hear of them.

Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote