Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2017, 08:09 AM   #1

Problem starting 1999 porsche after slim jum

I was locked out of nice 1999 porsche boxter someone called aaa they showed up i was not there i beleive they slimed jumped the door, and now the alarm does not let me starting the car.there is no water under the driver seat, the alarm makes noise when I try to start it,KEY IN THE ignition TURNS but does not start,when ignition is on the windows do not work and the radio doen not work-i beleive the alarm is the problem-the key does not open the doors i open manually-when i try to start the car, alarm makes little noise -bip-and after a while goes off loud- i have changed the battery, and now disconnected it ,
pleas, i need to drive it i like this car very muchhhhhhhh.
i need to know how can i reset the alrm or by pass or disconnect for good i do not need the alarm-
please help- despread-she is seating there looking at me ,asking me to drive it i am --------oi love this car- only 110k miles stick shift- in excellent condition never ever had any problem one owner no accident everything nice leather heated seats-
please help-

Last edited by kargallery; 02-07-2017 at 08:17 AM.
kargallery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 08:28 AM   #2

Speculation :
The hook on the end of the "Slim Jim" probably disconnected or cut some wiring inside the door panel ?
Find a company that installs aftermarket alarms and is mobile.. They may be able to diagnose and fix. Otherwise get someone to remove the door panel and investigate yourself

Gelbster is offline   Reply With Quote