Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2016, 07:03 AM   #1

My old boxster for sale

Hey guys I just traded in my 02 boxster S for a 2003 carrera. Just wanted to pass along some info in case you or someone you may know is looking to buy a boxster. My old boxster is currently for sale at the dealer where I got my new one. I left a binder full
Of receipts totaling over 12,000 in repairs upgrades and service with the car, it has 128,000 miles and they are asking 7,500. Some highlights are it had the clutch/flywheel and IMS bearing done at 88,000 miles, brand new glass window top, wheels and calipers just repainted, water pump low temp thermostat and engine mount done, new AOS, complete suspension rebuild with koni struts and all arms and bushings replaced, all new fluids secondary cat delete pipes and much more listed in the binder. I am in no way affiliated or employed by the dealer but just want to let anyone near Southern California there is a great boxster for a good price available. The car is arctic silver with black interior. Drivers seat has a good tear in outer bolster and the front bumper has seen better days but otherwise visually very nice. The car is at Land Rover encino near LAX airport, and as of yesterday still for sale. They don't have any photos posted but I can provide some. Thanks

oc-boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:08 AM   #2
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
Sounds like a great deal. What were your reasons for moving to the 996? Did it have its IMSB addressed?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:13 AM   #3

I had my fun with the boxster but wanted a new Porsche experience. The 996 is a blast to drive. It will be going in for imsb replacement after the holidays.
oc-boxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 08:00 PM   #4
Certified Boxster Addict

Congrat's on the 996 purchase! They are great cars. I'd love to hear your driving impressions of the 996 vs 986 after a few weeks of ownership.
1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:57 PM   #5

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, like most dealers who don't care, they can't find the receipts. Did you leave them somewhere in the car or did you hand them to someone?

Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote