Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2016, 06:59 AM   #41

Garage
The electric box on top of the front of the engine circled in red. i have no power there. I rebuilt the engine and maybe i did not connect the power correctly when i reinstalled. Should it have constant power? its connected to the starter and alternator.

Last edited by joekluger; 10-29-2016 at 07:23 AM.
joekluger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:21 AM   #42
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3230 View Post
But the car starts and runs I try to read the codes with the durametric and nothing shows up anymore. I had code 60 and 47 before but now nothing I replaced the ignition switch and it didn't change a thing. So that's why I think it's something with the key and the CLU.
The only "programming" it could possibly need would be adding a key to it. If your key was not programmed in the CLU, your car wouldn't start. Stop spreading false/bad info, please. When your misconceptions affect only you, that's fine. When you try to spread those misconceptions, you are affecting others by wasting their time and money.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 07:30 AM   #43

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
The only "programming" it could possibly need would be adding a key to it. If your key was not programmed in the CLU, your car wouldn't start. Stop spreading false/bad info, please. When your misconceptions affect only you, that's fine. When you try to spread those misconceptions, you are affecting others by wasting their time and money.
Who died and made you god?
Old 10-29-2016, 08:22 AM   #44

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekluger View Post
The electric box on top of the front of the engine circled in red. i have no power there. I rebuilt the engine and maybe i did not connect the power correctly when i reinstalled. Should it have constant power? its connected to the starter and alternator.
Guys .. any help??
Old 10-29-2016, 03:25 PM   #45

Is this car a tiptronic??? If so check the trans selector cable above the intake. If it is too far to the left it is misaligned. It should be in a bracket to keep it in alignment to allow starting. Ask me how I know... It happened to me today and I found this thread. Took off the engine cover and moved the cable to the right, it started right up !!!!
Old 10-29-2016, 09:54 PM   #46
Custom User Title Here

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3230 View Post
Who died and made you god?
I'm an engineer trying to use my expertise in electronics to help the OP, as I've done here for years, and your ill informed posts are detrimental.

In case you missed it, I was also trying to help you with your CLU issue. Not anymore, though.
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2016, 03:21 PM   #47

Garage
starter issue is resolved. when i cleaned the power distributor i forgot to attach the main cable that went to the engine... hence no power to the starter. working now. i did send the immobilizer out to get it checked.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:38 PM   #48

Garage
ECU and immobilizer tested good. Was told its a wiring problem in the car.. but where to look?
Old 11-05-2016, 07:19 AM   #49

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by joekluger View Post
ECU and immobilizer tested good. Was told its a wiring problem in the car.. but where to look?
Can someone help or if i can get a copy of the 2000 boxsters wiring diagram...
Old 11-07-2016, 05:27 AM   #50

Garage
If you PM me your email address I can scan the electrical part of the Bentley manual and send it to you.