Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2016, 07:46 AM   #1

Durametric Code 9114 PCM??

I just got my Durametric cable and scanned my car,

the only code I cannot reset is

Instrument Cluster K21
9114:
PCM Control unit

Does anybody know what this means? I cannot find any hits on the web, and my car did not come with PCM.

The original radio is out and replaced by an aftermarket unit.

Thanks
Ash

2003 Boxster S
binkoba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 07:55 AM   #2

P9114 is a dash cluster error, which may be related to your aftermarket radio install.
Old 10-08-2016, 09:34 PM   #3

Aftermarket Radio

When you lock your car with your remote do you get a horn honk ?

If so that is an indication something is wrong, there was a pressure contact on my 01S that made ground with the factory head unit. Once it was removed it thought the radio had been removed and gave me a honk on locking the car. I disconnected the pressure connector and I think I grounded it or just unplugged it....it is a simple slide on connector....you might check this.
Pdwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 07:31 AM   #4
2003 Base 5-speed

Garage
I also got a new Durametric cable and scanned my 2003 Base. Everything looked good. There were a few "yellow" warning codes, likely the result of battery disconnect I did when taking the seats out for repair) that I could clear.

I could not clear "red" codes 9114 (Instrument Cluster K21 - PCM control unit) and 38 (Automatic A/C H01 - PCM CAN timeout fault).

The car has its original CDR23 head unit that I had to send away to Becker for testing (it was fine, the amp was not and was replaced with a reconditioned unit). The head unit does mysteriously power down by itself sometimes, but otherwise works fine.

The only thing I can think of related to the A/C is I fixed the common "blowing foam' problem and had the mixing flap out of the car to re-foam/tape.

The car runs like a top otherwise, and I'm not too concerned about these codes - but the OCD in me makes me want them to be resolved or cleared. Any ideas?

grc0456 is offline   Reply With Quote