Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2016, 07:06 AM   #1

Apologies

Alright I can't figure out how to delete the post but I have editted it out. Sorry to everyone.

Last edited by 2000986s; 10-02-2016 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Not appropriate for sharing
2000986s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 07:41 AM   #2

Frankly, I don't find the antics of drunk people either funny or interesting, and certainly not worth a thread.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VGM911 View Post
Frankly, I don't find the antics of drunk people either funny or interesting, and certainly not worth a thread.
In that case if you see a thread titled "Drunken Things" you probably shouldn't open it. If this kind of post is disallowed then I'll gladly remove it but I've seen much stupider things posted.
Old 10-02-2016, 09:21 AM   #4
Racer Boy

As the saying goes, "Youth is wasted on the young".
Racer Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:45 AM   #5

Well, aren't we cool....
Old 10-02-2016, 10:11 AM   #6

Something you definitely don't want to put online if you want your job prospects to be good.
89 944 S2
78 911SC
Porsche9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:13 AM   #7
Mig

Garage
Hey AJ. Given the circumstances, I think you made the best of the situation!

Thanks for sharing.
Mig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:31 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche9 View Post
Something you definitely don't want to put online if you want your job prospects to be good.
No, they'll see he has a boxster a realize what a swell guy he is
boxxster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 10:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Boy View Post
As the saying goes, "Youth is wasted on the young".
. . Amen!
MARTHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 11:43 AM   #10

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by VGM911 View Post
Exactly, and neither does the majority of the population...especially those who want to employ you.

The sooner you learn that this isn't something to be proud of, the sooner you'll be a contributing member of society.
jdraupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:24 PM   #11

Sorry dude. Morality police have spoken. Although it is perfectly legal to partake, given your being over 21, you are to speak of this online no more!

Thank you for not driving!

I will say that certainly agree that exploits such as this online may not be in your future best interest.
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 12:27 PM   #12

Alright first off, it's not like I put this on social media where my actual full name is attached to it. I'm not too worried about a post on a Boxster forum affecting my job prospects. I do appreciate the honest concern regarding that though. Secondly, I shared this because I had already shared the story with many of my peers who definitely got a kick out of it. What I failed to consider is that many of my peers are not of the same audience type that I would find on a forum like this. So, apologies, my immaturity doesn't often show in myself but it appears that here it did. If someone would please be so kind as to tell me how to delete a thread I will get this off the forum (I've never deleted one and can't figure out how lol).

On another note, this was the last long trip I will be taking this year before the Boxster goes into storage for the winter. My first season of ownership has been amazing largely due to the help I've received from this forum. To any of you guys who have given me tips or advice up to this point, thank you very much! To everyone else, happy boxstering
Old 10-02-2016, 01:00 PM   #13

Best of luck to you and your Boxster....
Take it as "Dad" way of looking at things....its not personal and please don't take it that way.

PS. I have 27.23. 21 and 19 year old boys....There's a lot I don't want to know about!
dghii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 01:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
Best of luck to you and your Boxster....
Take it as "Dad" way of looking at things....its not personal and please don't take it that way.

PS. I have 27.23. 21 and 19 year old boys....There's a lot I don't want to know about!
Absolutely, I just take it as the older and the wiser looking out for the younger and stupider. My mistake entirely and the criticism is appreciated.
Old 10-02-2016, 02:36 PM   #15
still plays with cars...

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000986s View Post
Absolutely, I just take it as the older and the wiser looking out for the younger and stupider. My mistake entirely and the criticism is appreciated.
Yeah, it's us old guys looking out for you younger guys.
I used to be young and dumb too, now I'm just... and.
Arctic Silver on Metropol Blue | LN Dual Row IMSR | Arctic Silver console, spoiler frame & bumperettes | Crios mod | Technobrace | RoboTop module & modified convertible top relay for one-touch roof operation
BoxsterSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:33 PM   #16

I think this post was supposed to be funny and that it what it was, in my opinion if you are going to reply to a thread with something negative is better not to respond. stuff like this drives members away for no reason. (only and only my very personal opinion)
Different when someone posts a Boxster with a 4 ft tall spoiler wing and ask for an opinion, then we can let it rip but please....
stelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:57 PM   #17

I, for one, found your story amusing. At least you realized that you shouldn't drive, and you took steps (however misguided, which is the amusing part of the story) to protect your car until you could retrieve it safely. As far as I can see you have nothing to apologize for, so just ignore the self-righteous old windbags on here. Some of them seriously need to get over themselves.
Old 10-02-2016, 07:28 PM   #18
I am my own mechanic....

My son is 25, Navy. Apparently saying f--k in every sentence and constantly being drunk is very cool to some people, but not to me. That and crude humor are very juvenile. I didn't raise him but really need to get the guts to tell him how he comes across. I am his dad after all.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:23 AM   #19

Garage
Timco - one possible way to get through to him perhaps record him talking like a fool and play it over and over again to him... hopefully he will realize for himself that he sounds like a fool. Remember, you can't make anyone change - only themselves can make the change. As a Father myself I feel your pain and I know you only want the best for him.... NEVER GIVE UP - that is one thing I stand behind, because one day all your time and effort will pay off my friend. Stay strong and keep focused as we both know your son if worth every tear and heartache. All the best to you...