Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2016, 04:36 AM   #1

Things you might not know about your Boxster

This guy has done quite a nice video about 5 'secret' things you might not know about your Boxster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0xf0XSxdMI

Who has some more?

Old 08-27-2016, 06:48 AM   #2
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
-The front trunk fits a full size keg perfectly (http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/51048-what-i-did-my-afternoon-2.html)
-The rear trunk was specific designed to fit a set of golf clubs (you may have to take them out of the bag, but the bag and clubs both fit)
-Phone Plug under the dash, is the best source for 12V switched 12V Constant, and Ground
-The red clip is good for 10HP+
-Every 986 already has the mounts for the RTS (Roof Transport System), put a credit card under the tiny trim piece directly behind the door and in front of the clamshell and pry it up, and it will pop off revealing the b-pillar mount location. The a-pillar mount is harder to see, as it is under the a-pillar seal.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:20 AM   #3
2003 S, Arctic Silver, M6

Garage
another Boxster fact . . .

- The frunk and trunk can hold 3 cases of 24 beers each. That's 144 or one gross of beer. Ask me how I know?
paulofto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:40 AM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulofto View Post

- The frunk and trunk can hold 3 cases of 24 beers each. That's 144 or one gross of beer. Ask me how I know?
Simple! You're Canadian!
911monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 08:37 AM   #5
Custom User Title Here

Garage
I think that guy is a bit excited about his car. Those are some fairly weak 'secrets'

Also, someone should let him know the biggest secret... It's pronounced "Porsch-uh"
particlewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 10:52 AM   #6
MWS

The biggest secret the gentleman failed to mention with the Boxster is....

If you are standing on the driver side where you would normally enter the vehicle, if you walk around (either clockwise or counterclockwise) to the directly opposite side of vehicle, at approximately one meter from the ground you will find (if you look closely enough), a small-ish simi-rectangular "panel" that is normally painted the same color as the car. Upon examination you will find that the tips of your fingers will fit on the underside of this panel, and if you apply (gently!) upwards pressure, you will find the "panel" is attached by some sort of mysterious lever mechanism to a larger section of the car. If you continue to pull upwards, a large section of the car will "pop" open; when it "pops", pull the section toward you and you will notice that the section is hinged (on the right side) to the vehicle. If you continue to pull towards you and allow the section to swing open at least 45 degrees, you will find this will enable a potential passenger access to the vehicle. Section that has been opened can be closed in much the same manner as that of the drivers side access point. This process can be repeated as many times as necessary to allow passenger access. Important note: be sure that section is full closed before driving vehicle, as many terrible accidents have happened while driving with section open, especially if opened at more than 45 degrees.

MWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 11:01 AM   #7
MWS

I failed to mention in my previous post that information provided only applies to MY up to 2003, and for base Boxsters only. It cannot be verified to work as described on "S" models, or on the 987 or subsequent models.

"Oh, that's sarcasm...we don't get much of that around here. We thought we did once, but it just turned out to be irony" - Steve Martin
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:39 PM   #8
Ben-Auto-Design

Quote:

It can also fit an adult... Just in case you need to, one day... who knows!
Ben-Auto-Design : Performance parts for 9X6 / 9X7
1982 928 S Euro
Ben006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 03:59 PM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick3000 View Post
-The front trunk fits a full size keg perfectly (http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/51048-what-i-did-my-afternoon-2.html)
-The rear trunk was specific designed to fit a set of golf clubs (you may have to take them out of the bag, but the bag and clubs both fit)
-Phone Plug under the dash, is the best source for 12V switched 12V Constant, and Ground
-The red clip is good for 10HP+
-Every 986 already has the mounts for the RTS (Roof Transport System), put a credit card under the tiny trim piece directly behind the door and in front of the clamshell and pry it up, and it will pop off revealing the b-pillar mount location. The a-pillar mount is harder to see, as it is under the a-pillar seal.
what is the "red clip"?
jdlmodelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 06:19 PM   #10
There Is No Substitute.

Garage
http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/4788-red-clip.html
Old 09-01-2016, 07:02 PM   #11

Quote:

Only if they are cans. Frunk can hold equivalent of 3+ bottle cases if only one is a full case and the rest are 6-packs. Trunk isn't deep enough for bottles, but with cans, and splitting into six packs of them, I'll bet you can get to four cases.

If driving solo, at least three more cases can go on the passenger side, plus assorted six packs.

New Glarus Brewing and/or Calgary & Wisconsin Breweries | Wisconsin Distillery | Minhas

IMO, after multiple stocking runs to both, Minhas has better beer and better value, but New Glarus has higher brand recognition and "mystique".

Anything special in Winnipeg to warrant a beer run from WI?

DBear
dbear61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #12
On the slippery slope

Garage
Quote:

But how many bags of milk?
2014 Porsche Performance Driving School
2020 BMW X3, 2013 Ram 1500, 2016 Cmax, 2004 F-150 "Big Red"
JayG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:27 PM   #13

Or how many cats?
stelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 05:36 AM   #14

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbear61 View Post
Only if they are cans. Frunk can hold equivalent of 3+ bottle cases if only one is a full case and the rest are 6-packs. Trunk isn't deep enough for bottles, but with cans, and splitting into six packs of them, I'll bet you can get to four cases.

If driving solo, at least three more cases can go on the passenger side, plus assorted six packs.

New Glarus Brewing and/or Calgary & Wisconsin Breweries | Wisconsin Distillery | Minhas

IMO, after multiple stocking runs to both, Minhas has better beer and better value, but New Glarus has higher brand recognition and "mystique".

Anything special in Winnipeg to warrant a beer run from WI?

DBear
Not really, but if you come by way of Kenora the roads ar cool and you can grab some two-fours of BRAVA and deliver it here. Can't get BRAVA in Manitoba and it is cheaper than any Manitoba two-four. Oh yeah, if you do make the trek, bring some of that fine Wisconsin cheese.
Old 09-02-2016, 05:38 AM   #15

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayG View Post
But how many bags of milk?
And then there is that question. Can't really find bag milk in Western Canada. It is really an Easter Canadian thing. But you got me thinking. How about bagged beer? Now that would be interesting. Bags of Moosehead.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:39 PM   #16

Garage
Can't comment on alcohol but the passenger seat fits 2 cheerleaders well. Two flexible boarding schools girls well. And two sorority girls well... Aswell!

Happy boxstering!
BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 05:47 AM   #17
I am my own mechanic....

Only women fit in the passenger seat.
Timco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:32 AM   #18

Quote:
And then there is that question. Can't really find bag milk in Western Canada. It is really an Easter Canadian thing. But you got me thinking. How about bagged beer? Now that would be interesting. Bags of Moosehead.
Bagged Saskatoon Berry wine ?
95 Integra Solo I sold
71 Opel GT sold
Xpit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:42 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timco View Post
Only women fit in the passenger seat.
Hell yeah!!👍🏻👍🏻
Attached Images

2000986s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 09:54 AM   #20