986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners

986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners (http://986forum.com/forums/)
-   Boxster General Discussions (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/)
-   -   Things you might not know about your Boxster (http://986forum.com/forums/boxster-general-discussions/62905-things-you-might-not-know-about-your-boxster.html)

Pominoz 08-27-2016 04:36 AM

Things you might not know about your Boxster

This guy has done quite a nice video about 5 'secret' things you might not know about your Boxster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0xf0XSxdMI

Who has some more? :cool:

rick3000 08-27-2016 06:48 AM

-The front trunk fits a full size keg perfectly (http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/51048-what-i-did-my-afternoon-2.html)
-The rear trunk was specific designed to fit a set of golf clubs (you may have to take them out of the bag, but the bag and clubs both fit)
-Phone Plug under the dash, is the best source for 12V switched 12V Constant, and Ground
-The red clip is good for 10HP+
-Every 986 already has the mounts for the RTS (Roof Transport System), put a credit card under the tiny trim piece directly behind the door and in front of the clamshell and pry it up, and it will pop off revealing the b-pillar mount location. The a-pillar mount is harder to see, as it is under the a-pillar seal.

paulofto 08-27-2016 07:20 AM

another Boxster fact . . .

- The frunk and trunk can hold 3 cases of 24 beers each. That's 144 or one gross of beer. Ask me how I know?

911monty 08-27-2016 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulofto (Post 508038)

- The frunk and trunk can hold 3 cases of 24 beers each. That's 144 or one gross of beer. Ask me how I know?

Simple! You're Canadian! :cheers:

particlewave 08-27-2016 08:37 AM

I think that guy is a bit excited about his car. Those are some fairly weak 'secrets' :)

Also, someone should let him know the biggest secret... It's pronounced "Porsch-uh" :D

MWS 08-27-2016 10:52 AM

The biggest secret the gentleman failed to mention with the Boxster is....

If you are standing on the driver side where you would normally enter the vehicle, if you walk around (either clockwise or counterclockwise) to the directly opposite side of vehicle, at approximately one meter from the ground you will find (if you look closely enough), a small-ish simi-rectangular "panel" that is normally painted the same color as the car. Upon examination you will find that the tips of your fingers will fit on the underside of this panel, and if you apply (gently!) upwards pressure, you will find the "panel" is attached by some sort of mysterious lever mechanism to a larger section of the car. If you continue to pull upwards, a large section of the car will "pop" open; when it "pops", pull the section toward you and you will notice that the section is hinged (on the right side) to the vehicle. If you continue to pull towards you and allow the section to swing open at least 45 degrees, you will find this will enable a potential passenger access to the vehicle. Section that has been opened can be closed in much the same manner as that of the drivers side access point. This process can be repeated as many times as necessary to allow passenger access. Important note: be sure that section is full closed before driving vehicle, as many terrible accidents have happened while driving with section open, especially if opened at more than 45 degrees.

:)

MWS 08-27-2016 11:01 AM

I failed to mention in my previous post that information provided only applies to MY up to 2003, and for base Boxsters only. It cannot be verified to work as described on "S" models, or on the 987 or subsequent models.

"Oh, that's sarcasm...we don't get much of that around here. We thought we did once, but it just turned out to be irony" - Steve Martin

Ben006 08-27-2016 12:39 PM

Quote:

It can also fit an adult... Just in case you need to, one day... who knows!

jdlmodelt 08-27-2016 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rick3000 (Post 508033)
-The front trunk fits a full size keg perfectly (http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/51048-what-i-did-my-afternoon-2.html)
-The rear trunk was specific designed to fit a set of golf clubs (you may have to take them out of the bag, but the bag and clubs both fit)
-Phone Plug under the dash, is the best source for 12V switched 12V Constant, and Ground
-The red clip is good for 10HP+
-Every 986 already has the mounts for the RTS (Roof Transport System), put a credit card under the tiny trim piece directly behind the door and in front of the clamshell and pry it up, and it will pop off revealing the b-pillar mount location. The a-pillar mount is harder to see, as it is under the a-pillar seal.

what is the "red clip"?

rick3000 08-27-2016 06:19 PM

http://986forum.com/forums/general-discussions/4788-red-clip.html

dbear61 09-01-2016 07:02 PM

Quote:

Only if they are cans. Frunk can hold equivalent of 3+ bottle cases if only one is a full case and the rest are 6-packs. Trunk isn't deep enough for bottles, but with cans, and splitting into six packs of them, I'll bet you can get to four cases.

If driving solo, at least three more cases can go on the passenger side, plus assorted six packs.

New Glarus Brewing and/or Calgary & Wisconsin Breweries | Wisconsin Distillery | Minhas

IMO, after multiple stocking runs to both, Minhas has better beer and better value, but New Glarus has higher brand recognition and "mystique".

Anything special in Winnipeg to warrant a beer run from WI?

DBear

JayG 09-01-2016 07:50 PM

Quote:

But how many bags of milk?

stelan 09-01-2016 09:27 PM

Or how many cats?

paulofto 09-02-2016 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbear61 (Post 508650)
Only if they are cans. Frunk can hold equivalent of 3+ bottle cases if only one is a full case and the rest are 6-packs. Trunk isn't deep enough for bottles, but with cans, and splitting into six packs of them, I'll bet you can get to four cases.

If driving solo, at least three more cases can go on the passenger side, plus assorted six packs.

New Glarus Brewing and/or Calgary & Wisconsin Breweries | Wisconsin Distillery | Minhas

IMO, after multiple stocking runs to both, Minhas has better beer and better value, but New Glarus has higher brand recognition and "mystique".

Anything special in Winnipeg to warrant a beer run from WI?

DBear

Not really, but if you come by way of Kenora the roads ar cool and you can grab some two-fours of BRAVA and deliver it here. Can't get BRAVA in Manitoba and it is cheaper than any Manitoba two-four. Oh yeah, if you do make the trek, bring some of that fine Wisconsin cheese.

paulofto 09-02-2016 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayG (Post 508655)
But how many bags of milk?

And then there is that question. Can't really find bag milk in Western Canada. It is really an Easter Canadian thing. But you got me thinking. How about bagged beer? Now that would be interesting. Bags of Moosehead.

BIGJake111 09-04-2016 08:39 PM

Can't comment on alcohol but the passenger seat fits 2 cheerleaders well. Two flexible boarding schools girls well. And two sorority girls well... Aswell!

Happy boxstering!

Timco 09-05-2016 05:47 AM

Only women fit in the passenger seat.

Xpit77 09-05-2016 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by paulofto (Post 508686)
And then there is that question. Can't really find bag milk in Western Canada. It is really an Easter Canadian thing. But you got me thinking. How about bagged beer? Now that would be interesting. Bags of Moosehead.

Bagged Saskatoon Berry wine ?

2000986s 09-05-2016 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Timco (Post 508989)
Only women fit in the passenger seat.

Hell yeah!!👍🏻👍🏻

BIGJake111 09-05-2016 09:54 AM

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d87734be5f.jpg