Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2021, 05:16 AM   #101

What is the floor for a turd? $6k ?

You got lower miles.
Mint interior.
Not abused.
Rare color.

That's easily worth $4k

sugarwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 10:46 AM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Chick View Post
Congratulations! We're going to need photos.
Thanks, we should get pictures of the cars together if you’re close! Photo uploads are temporarily disabled on mobile and it won’t let me switch to desktop mode, so if you wanna see photos check on Instagram @Blue986S
https://instagram.com/blue986s?r=nametag

Just got new tires for it (General GMax RS in 225/40/18 and 265/35/18) so that’s another $700, did the air and cabin filters, wiper blades front bonnet struts and attempted to clean the corrosion from the battery, but it looks like the negative post is damaged so replacement to come.

It goes in for service on the 18th; it will get an oil change, rear pads and rotors, brake fluid flush, CVs replaced or rebuilt, and most likely some suspension bushings. Slight oil leak on the RR side might be addressed, and I want to figure out why the lateral movement of the shift linkage is gummy when cold, but then perfect when warm - wrong fluid? It was changed less than 2 years/5k miles ago.

The car was filthy when I looked at it, and the owner didn’t put much money or care into at that point, he had moved on. I’m glad I got it for the price I did, but will most likely sell it within the year to upgrade to something newer in better condition with less miles, and the options I would prefer. This was a deal I didn’t think I could pass up, but only time will tell.

Barstyle is offline   Reply With Quote