Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2016, 09:24 AM   #1

Garage
TC intervention light

I was driving today and noticed a light come on briefly and disappear. I had no idea what it was so when I got home I opened he manual and it turns out that it was the TC intervention light.

Just curious what causes this to come and what experince other users have with it... I was In a straight line when it happened and also only at about 3.5k revs applying between 5% and 15% throttle, which seems like an odd time for traction control to trigger.

BIGJake111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:40 AM   #2

Garage
I don't have an answer either way, but I wonder if not using stock wheels has anything to do with it?
CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:26 AM   #3

Garage
Stock optional 18s on the car. I've never seen the light come on before. Little triangle with an exclamation mark inside of it.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:33 AM   #4

TC intervention is triggered by either unusual differences in wheel speed as measured by the ABS sensors.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:58 AM   #5

If you went over a bump in the road enough to unload the suspension

just enough for a bit of wheel spin (whether you noticed it or not) it will flicker.
papasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:31 AM   #6

Garage
Interesting road was a damp in spots from rain last night and it was a hill crest providing near zero g as you top it. I'm assuming one wheel may have lifted as I crest the hill causing a discrepancy between wheel speeds and producing slip.
Old 04-02-2016, 01:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGJake111 View Post
Interesting road was a damp in spots from rain last night and it was a hill crest providing near zero g as you top it. I'm assuming one wheel may have lifted as I crest the hill causing a discrepancy between wheel speeds and producing slip.
Exactly, mine does it every time on a certain bridge with an abrupt crest. The car gets "light" for a second, allowing some wheelspin.

stephen wilson is offline   Reply With Quote