Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2006, 04:22 AM   #21

I guess there's a certain charm and class to the Boxster that I just don't feel from the Honda.

You guys are right. It feels like a 'normal' car when revs are kept low, but at 6000 rpm, the engine feels like it is going to explode. And I still don't feel the power. Also, it takes so long to get to 6000 rpm, I'm usually at the next traffic light before I get a chance to really get into the groove.

It probably makes a sane ride for everyday driveability, like a Civic, but it's missing the X-factor that the Boxster has -- to me, that's the fact that it's a Porsche (I keep telling myself that the creaks, groans and rattles add 'character' to the car), and the V6 sounds beautiful at high revs (I should not have ventured into the 5000 rpm and up zone; now I'm addicted to the sound), and the silkiness of the engine there.

FWIW, my boss just bought a 1992 Porsche 968. Had a spin in it yesterday. Needs some minor work, and the sports exhaust has the rasping note when lifting off the throttle, but otherwise, it's a beautiful car (and in Barney purple too). Feels especially well-balanced

ghoonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:12 AM   #22

The 968's looks made it an instant classic IMHO.

LOVE the coupe!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:58 PM   #23

I had a 968 cab for 10 years and people were commenting on it up to the day before it was sold. My 987S gets not a glance. Interesting.
longislander1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 04:19 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Its funny how only Porsche owners know of the 968. I didnt even know about them until I was around board and forums right before I picked up my Boxster.
Old 05-18-2006, 04:22 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by longislander1
I had a 968 cab for 10 years and people were commenting on it up to the day before it was sold. My 987S gets not a glance. Interesting.
Yeah that's why I didden't switch with my 986. Maybe the CaymanS...

- http://www.edmunds.com/new/2006/porsche/caymans/index.html

- http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0408_sportconv/boxter_conclusion.html

- http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/10best/2003/2003_10best_cars_porsche_boxster.xml

Last edited by mr986tt; 05-18-2006 at 04:25 PM.
mr986tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 09:02 AM   #26
KronixSpeed

porsche looks far better then an s2000

my office building is next door to a japanese performace shop, we share the same parking lot. the days that i dirve my kar to work (which is rare) i park up beside 15 S2000's no joke. all done up amazing looking, ill take a picture next time, not sure they'd like that but ohh well.

n the point is that when i park my boxster up beside them, customers seem to come over n look at the boxster over the s2000.

doesnt help that i park up beside an older ladies turbo blue and an older gentlemans cayenne S blue and my boxster blue.......

the porsche's stand out over 15 S2000's

heres a beautifull pic of my parking lot at work!!! the S2000's sit infront to the right but cant be seen in this pic view