Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2006, 10:38 AM   #41
creseida

Fear not, the seat belt is always worn.

And I know accidents can and do happen. They are also 10 times more likely to happen when one ventures near the Washington DC beltway, which is why I try to avoid the area like the plague. Unfortunately, it is also where the closest service center is; all others are 100+ miles away.

Last edited by creseida; 06-03-2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:43 PM   #42
olly986

can you believe that here one in four drivers do not wear seat belts, i actually feel unconfortable driving without mine on, except maybe for reversing.
still GET IT CHECKED!!!
Old 06-03-2006, 08:39 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by olly986
this sounds good the rest of the world should follow suit, here it is a bank holiday week end and as it stands and you have to consider that it is not saturday yet we already have seven dead people on the road and the carnage rolls on, i realise that this sounds like nothing to the US where this is probably a minute rating but here it is a lot.
otherwise it seams that this is a very high amount of repair for your boxster was this car badly looked after before you bought it?
The car's in okay shape, but the clutch, brake pads, rotors, and rims need to be replaced. I'm getting clutch 'groan', brake pads were 60% when I collected the car, and it's down to around 35% remaining, and rotors have been skimmed by the previous owner three times already. Rims were slightly out of shape (could not be balanced, even without the tyres, and steering wheel was vibrating badly at speeds of 120 kmph).

It's not so much the repairs, but the number of parts that need to be replaced, especially the rims (and if the rims are bent, chances are that the tyres have not worn evenly either, and those need to be changed with it.

I spent most of yesterday driving around the in Boxster, and I must say that I will miss it terribly. It's a fantastic car.

ghoonk is offline   Reply With Quote