Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster & Cayman Forums > Boxster General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2006, 07:44 AM   #1

Another higly touted FK product

First, I'm on my third bottle of #425
(I also tried their acrylic--longer lasting, Pink Wax. Very wet looking)

I figured out(DOH) if you go to the website www.finishkareusa.com and click under products and then under profesional you can buy a gallon size of 425 or FX100 instead of just the spray bottles. I have been transferring 425 into empty spray bottles of Mother's Show Time quick detailer (smaller and better spray). Works well and I keep the bottle behind the driver's seat. I still can't get over the unique cross-compatability of their product line. NO need to worry about whehter you can layer this over that. It all works well.

This time around I decided to order #146. I'll be moving to a gated community and losing my garage #146 like #425 is said to also repel dust and keep the car looking cleaner longer (two must haves for dark colored cars).

http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer/Product%20Instructions/146.gif

I was using Mother's Show Time quick detailer because its a low cost over the counter and used it to dust off each panel (high pollen season right now).
I usually flood the panel with the quick detailer and towel (one pass flip towel).
Getting maximum lubrication before wiping off the surface.
Buying 146 by the gallon seems like the better value vs. buying bottles of the Mother's at Pep Boys. One guy on the Autopia site said its the best quick detailer he's ever used. I'll be using 146 with waffle weave towels for dusting off and then following up with #425 Suuuuupppper Slick Poly Wipe to bring back the just waxed look. After a wash I'll only use 146 if I notice the drying towel is dirty and to spray down the wheels to remove brake dust (dry dusting bad news).

NO "DRY" CAR DUSTERS!

p.s.
two one gallon bottles of product were shipped by FK for $4.99
I believe they'll give you a nominal discount if you mention that you are an Atuopian (for those of you that use Autotopia)

BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-10-2006 at 08:06 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #2

did you get the discount?

I always forget to do that.
Have you tried the clay bar? For brand spanking new paint like yours I think a good hour with the Clay Bar should do it. Maybe follow up with Klasse All in One which looks really good on white (my friend did his white CayenneS with it..nice).
Try the Einzett (1Z) insect spray. 1Z's Rubber and vinyl care is excellent on interiors. I use a woolite mixture in a spray bottle for cleaning. All that is available from www.openroadmotoring.com with almost overnight delivery to the metro NYC area.

If you want to seal that couple of hours worth of work I'm using Werstatt Acrylic Jett Trigger after using Klasse All In One http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/acrylic-jett-trigger.php. Klasse's sealant is just way too finicky, Werstatt has figured out how to make it easy to use without streaking. I'm using it on my wheels now to get some use out of it since I won't be sealing the paint again for at least five months.

Follow up with your favorite wax (no protection just 'bling') once a month.
I'm using pink wax now. Natty's Blue from www.poorboysworld.com is popular too. Both give a very wet look which is key for lighter neutral colors like silver or white.

I use the Finish Kare stuff for quick detailing and after washing. That's why the volume of product is important. That other stuff Klasse, Acrylic Jett I only use a few times a year.

also, detailcity.com offers a 10% discount if you sign up for their newsletter. They sell Raggtopp cleanser and Raggtopp protectant for your top, Clay Magic Bars, Klasse, MF towels (with silk binding) all on one site.

and don't forget the advil. Guys who do this for a living are nuts.

p.s.
yes I know I'm OCD abot keeping my BoxsterS clean. I sold my last car for twice the private party blue book value. So it pays off. Now I go for products that will do the job in the least amount of time and Finish Kare is a miracle.
dbth, use the FK 425 on another car (that hasn't been clayed and waxed) and see how the paint feels once you done one single coating. The other guy might buy it from you on the spot.

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-10-2006 at 11:47 AM.
Old 05-10-2006, 11:51 AM   #3

[QUOTE=dbth]I have placed an order based on your recommendation.
Please add other specific application hints if any.
QUOTE]

Remember, PerfectLap recieves free product for every 3 orders he gets...hahaha.

JK. I love #425. If I had a glass kitchen table, it would be all over it.

I wonder if the FX-100 and #425 would work on granite countertops??????

Good call on the gallon size ordering....I'm all over that in a few weeks.

KRZ

Voghtland 30-50mm Coilovers
19x8.5 x 19x10 Forgline rims
Magnaflow Exhaust
KRZTACO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 12:01 PM   #4

LOL,
the guy who posted 425 on Autopia must have a life's supply coming from FK
becuase FK must have gotten at least 100 orders from that one thread alone.

I've started using the FX100 with a Meguia'rs foam applicator pad. The overspray was getting all over the top and wheels. You'll end up using allot less product.

I'm using 425 on anything that isn't living. it does work really well on glass.
I use Meguiar's NXT glass but it leaves streaking in used in the sun. I follow up with 425 and looks great. Its doing a good job against the pollen right now. That stuff is everywhere!!!

I'm still trying to figure out how they keep shipping so cheap. Two gallons for $5!!!