View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 07:44 AM   #1
Perfectlap

Another higly touted FK product

First, I'm on my third bottle of #425
(I also tried their acrylic--longer lasting, Pink Wax. Very wet looking)

I figured out(DOH) if you go to the website www.finishkareusa.com and click under products and then under profesional you can buy a gallon size of 425 or FX100 instead of just the spray bottles. I have been transferring 425 into empty spray bottles of Mother's Show Time quick detailer (smaller and better spray). Works well and I keep the bottle behind the driver's seat. I still can't get over the unique cross-compatability of their product line. NO need to worry about whehter you can layer this over that. It all works well.

This time around I decided to order #146. I'll be moving to a gated community and losing my garage #146 like #425 is said to also repel dust and keep the car looking cleaner longer (two must haves for dark colored cars).

http://www.fk1usa.com/products-consumer/Product%20Instructions/146.gif

I was using Mother's Show Time quick detailer because its a low cost over the counter and used it to dust off each panel (high pollen season right now).
I usually flood the panel with the quick detailer and towel (one pass flip towel).
Getting maximum lubrication before wiping off the surface.
Buying 146 by the gallon seems like the better value vs. buying bottles of the Mother's at Pep Boys. One guy on the Autopia site said its the best quick detailer he's ever used. I'll be using 146 with waffle weave towels for dusting off and then following up with #425 Suuuuupppper Slick Poly Wipe to bring back the just waxed look. After a wash I'll only use 146 if I notice the drying towel is dirty and to spray down the wheels to remove brake dust (dry dusting bad news).

NO "DRY" CAR DUSTERS!

p.s.
two one gallon bottles of product were shipped by FK for $4.99
I believe they'll give you a nominal discount if you mention that you are an Atuopian (for those of you that use Autotopia)
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-10-2006 at 08:06 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote